Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   RIP Saban Brands (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8704)

MattEmily 05/24/18 10:23 PM

RIP Saban Brands

Yes you read the title right. Saban Brands will be dissolving this Summer due to Hasbro's purchase of Power Rangers. Saban Capital Group will still remain in operation.

60 employees will be laid off due to the closure.

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/05/2...y-2-2018-53099

PRangerX 05/25/18 11:50 AM

Re: RIP Saban Brands

Its a shame for the employees. But with Saban selling PR, the writing was on the wall. Saban Brands was originally created to manage Power Rangers.

Saban Fan 05/25/18 11:52 AM

No! This is awful! I just don't get it. Saban could have built a new empire to rival Disney. Yet he just stkpped and sold PR. And now he is closing the company? We are screwed now. Without Saban Power Rangers will be terrible and will die off.

MattEmily 05/25/18 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 76119)
Its a shame for the employees. But with Saban selling PR, the writing was on the wall. Saban Brands was originally created to manage Power Rangers.

yup it was inevitable for Saban Brands to close what I'm wondering about is the various rights that they would have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Current rights
(Created and/or owned by Saban Capital Group subsidiary Saban Brands)

Beetleborgs
Cirque du Soleil Media
Cubix
Emojiville
Kibaoh Klashers
Masked Rider
Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation
Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitty
VR Troopers
Digimon (all seasons except Digimon Adventure tri and Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters.)

Former rights
Sonic X (currently by Discotek Media)
Power Rangers (currently by Hasbro)
Glitter Force (currently by Toei Animation)
Treehouse Detectives (currently by Hasbro)
My Pet Monster purchased from American GreetingsTCFC, Inc. (currently by Hasbro)
Popples purchased from American GreetingTCFC, Inc.[56] (currently by Hasbro)
Luna Petunia (currently by Hasbro)
Julius Jr. (currently by Hasbro)

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 05/26/18 07:57 AM

Didn't they just sell everything to Hasbro?

Blue Knightwolf 05/26/18 07:57 AM

The Neo Saban Era is truely over.

Sailor Saban 05/26/18 08:14 AM

This is just a paper move so Saban can focus working on Power Rangers. Hasbro is going to focus on the business side so Saban can focus on the writing.

Massive Ego 05/26/18 08:15 AM

Eh, no, just no.

Saban Fan 05/26/18 08:18 AM

Unfortunately I don't think this will be the case. Saban is abandoning PR. And its truely from going to be a dark era for the franchise. I am surprised Saban is stepping aside. We know what a control freak he can be.

Goldar's Revenge 05/26/18 08:20 AM

Saban thinks its time to move on and found a good owner for the brand. He didn't just abandon the franchise. Also he had little to do with the day to day writing.

Tommy Hater 05/26/18 08:22 AM

Now that Saban Brands is done, I hope this means that Tommy won't be back.

Massive Ego 05/26/18 08:24 AM

Yes , Hasbro won't bring back a valuable character from the past when it can. Tommy is still part of the franchise. I am more concerned with Hasbro producing a season that is actually good.

MattEmily 05/26/18 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad (Post 76122)
Didn't they just sell everything to Hasbro?

we don't know only specific properties were mentioned but nowhere does it mention every property that they have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hater (Post 76128)
Now that Saban Brands is done, I hope this means that Tommy won't be back.

Forget it. Hasbro's CEO used to work for Bandai and we all know how Bandai gets when it's Mighty Morphin anything.

Miki1988 05/26/18 11:30 AM

Maybe I'll give a Hasbro PR season a chance. Who knows, maybe Hasbro will make PR good again or it will make it even worse. I mean, even when Disney got into PR when they bought it, they didn't know what the hell to do with it, yet we ended up getting some awesome seasons, episodes, characters, character arcs and storylines. It's the same with the original Saban era. The Neo-Saban era wasn't great, but yet again, it kept the franchise alive and it did have some good episodes, at least, if not seasons.

Everyone gave Neo-Saban era a shot. Yes, for some it was great. For some it was good and for some, it blew. Now it's time for someone else to step in. That "someone else" is Hasbro. It's time for their shot at making Power Rangers.

Green Spandex Supreme 05/26/18 12:03 PM

Its alwaya scary when new owners take over. But the changes can also be good too. Neo Saban did give us DVDs and streaming. It was hard to legally find all the old episodes before that.

Hasbro Ranger 05/26/18 12:19 PM

Hasbro is going to do a great job with the franchise.

Saban Fan 05/26/18 12:20 PM

I wish Saban just ended the series if he wanted to retire.

Mystic Hero 05/26/18 12:20 PM

If he was gonna end the series it would have bden during Super Megaforce.

mbozzo 05/29/18 09:12 PM

Saban has given up on Power Rangers. That is why Saban Brands is going out of business. :mad2: :angry:

MattEmily 05/29/18 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbozzo (Post 76143)
Saban has given up on Power Rangers. That is why Saban Brands is going out of business. :mad2: :angry:

Saban is not gong out of business it's just Saban Brands that is closing.

Hailey Hartford 05/30/18 07:50 PM

I kind of wish the current season was the final one so it ends on a high note. It makes the most sense.

MattEmily 07/17/18 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailey Hartford (Post 76147)
I kind of wish the current season was the final one so it ends on a high note. It makes the most sense.

not me since it wouldn't be ending on a high note the season is all finished with production including ADR so there's no chance to do any high note worthy stuff. Yes we have that reunion episode but we have no idea if it's going to be great or if it's just going to be another rotten reunion.