Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   General Fandom Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Dark MMPR Fan Film with Katie Slackhoff (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6497)

PRangerX 02/24/15 11:49 AM

Dark MMPR Fan Film with Katie Slackhoff

Remember that Dark MMPR piolet that was talked about a few weeks back? Well,
turns out it was really a dark fan film being done for fun. Being done by an actual professional director. Starring Katie Slackhoff and James Van Der Beek of all people. Its pretty interesting. Watch it while you can. Nevertheless know if something like this will get yanked.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90

MMPR Forever 02/24/15 12:25 PM

Re: Dark MMPR Fan Film with Katie Slackhoff

This was stupid. It wasn't even Power Rangers. Dark and Gritty Power Rangers doesn't fit. Sounds like someone was just trying to turn PR into something it isn't. I hope the Lionsgate movie is nothing like this. It didn't even make sense.

No Green Spandex 02/24/15 12:29 PM

I liked it. It was pretty funny. And this might surprise you but I actually thought Tommy was cool here. I love how they got Carla Perez.

PRangerX 02/24/15 12:33 PM

It was supposed to be overly dark and gritty. It was a commentary on what holywood likes to do with old properties. Often times turning these properties into something it isn't. It wasn't meant to be pure Power Rangers. Its just a fan film making a point. Plus its meant to be fun. Its not a take on what PR should be.

Phantom Stranger 02/24/15 12:37 PM

Its pretty clear this is the exact opposite of Power Rangers. Its bizzarro Power Rangers. Got to give the people here credit for taking time to do a fan film for free. A lot of proffessional people are involved in this.

MattEmily 02/24/15 01:04 PM

I just finished watching it and it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Starlight Starbrite 02/24/15 04:23 PM

I always knew Rocky would go bad lol

Astronema 02/24/15 04:25 PM

I didn't expect that twist in the end. It was pretty clever. Obviously nothing in canon. But most fan films aren't. So looks like that rumor really did end up being something.

A Gia To Remember 02/24/15 06:06 PM

Some people just have overractive imaginationa. Thats not Power Rangers. Its some overly sexed up action movie

Captain Codfish 02/24/15 06:07 PM

It was never supposed to be Power Rangers. Its a comentary on what Holywood does to old brands when they reboot them. PRX is right.