Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Moment of Truth Episode Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8575)

MattEmily 02/02/18 07:06 AM

Moment of Truth Episode Discussion

Here's the discussion thread for tomorrow's new episode.

Massive Ego 02/02/18 01:00 PM

Re: Moment of Truth Episode Discussion

Is it the momment when the producers admitted how sad and pathetic their show is?

MattEmily 02/02/18 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 73598)
Is it the momment when the producers admitted how sad and pathetic their show is?

Producers will never talk bad about their own show plus they only have so much power they can only do so much that's why there's a phrase out there that's called "executive meddling"

the reason why the Fox Kids seasons were usually pretty good is because there was no meddling between different departments.

Captain Codfish 02/03/18 06:10 PM

I was pretty decent. The Victor and Monty comedy wasn't overdone. Calvin's problem was pretty fun. Super Ninja Steel Mode was pretty damn cool. It waa nice to see the Rangers hanging out. Their interactions were very fun to watch. Especially when the guys were teasing Calvin about the rug.

A Gia To Remember 02/03/18 06:12 PM

It was a good Calvin episode. It was also nice to get a little romantic comedy. Which has been scarce until this season. As this is the first long term couple we have had for a long time.

Kody's Pride 02/03/18 06:14 PM

Hayley and Calvin really made the episode. I agree about their relationship being fun to follow. The whole forgetting your anniversary thing can be a tired troupe. But they handled it very well here. I like that the moral of the day wasn't so heavy handed.

Ninja Steel Ranger 02/03/18 06:16 PM

Ninja Steel Mode! It was very cool! It would have been hard to ruin the episode because of this. And they didn't disappoint. As it was a solid character driven episode.

Blank Ranger 02/03/18 06:17 PM

Anyone else starting to really like Cosmo? He is becoming my legit favorite villian.

MattEmily 02/03/18 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blank Ranger (Post 73658)
Anyone else starting to really like Cosmo? He is becoming my legit favorite villian.

I already did

Massive Ego 02/03/18 07:17 PM

Eh it was better than most of the episodes so far. But thats not saying much simce it was still mediocre. Its amazing how much better a mediocre episode feels over the crap we normally get. But I don't grade on a curve. So its still a D level episode. And Super Ninja Steele Mode looking good won't change that.

Inner Senshi 02/03/18 07:19 PM

Well I think it was awesome, just like Ninja Steel has been so far.

Usagi Reborn 02/03/18 07:20 PM

It wasn't bad persay But it didn't really excite me. And there has been too many episodes like that in Ninja Steel for my taste. The show just isn't exciting for the older fan any more. And I know its a kids show, but there was a time when the series entertained both older fans and younger fans.

Inner Senshi 02/03/18 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi Reborn (Post 73662)
It wasn't bad persay But it didn't really excite me. And there has been too many episodes like that in Ninja Steel for my taste. The show just isn't exciting for the older fan any more. And I know its a kids show, but there was a time when the series entertained both older fans and younger fans.

You're standards are too high. Just have fun and enjoy the episodes.

I Love Lothor 02/03/18 07:27 PM

Calvin was really funny this episode. I love how Ninja Steel is so lighhearted most of the time.

Mega Mission 02/03/18 07:28 PM

It was nice to take a break from the school setting for one episode. As much as I like it.

Massive Ego 02/03/18 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 73663)
You're standards are too high. Just have fun and enjoy the episodes.

Some of us actually want to be entertained with good quality programming.

MMPR Forever 02/03/18 07:30 PM

I agree about this being a fun episode. Calvin and Hayley are a very likeable couple. I think the guys were mean to tease Calvin though.

KimandTommy 02/03/18 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 73667)
I agree about this being a fun episode. Calvin and Hayley are a very likeable couple. I think the guys were mean to tease Calvin though.

Yes, this is what bothered me the most about the episode. Zordon never would have allowed that kind of behavior from his team.

Disney Ranger 02/03/18 08:42 PM

Disney would have handled the episodes plot much better.

KimandTommy 02/04/18 09:24 AM

Its a shame Jason Davie Frank isn't still around to help writing episodes. He should be hired to take over for Judd if he retires.

MattEmily 02/04/18 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 73735)
Its a shame Jason David Frank isn't still around to help writing episodes. He should be hired to take over for Judd if he retires.

none of the cast ever wrote any episodes they're actors not writers let's not create another Tzachor situation where someone is in a position of authority that they have no business being in

Captain Mutiny 02/04/18 04:47 PM

Jason has no real writing experience that we know of. Its completely unrealistic to expect him to run the show. And I doubt he really wants to. Since he never persued that and had his own aspirations in Martial Arts

Massive Ego 02/05/18 05:15 PM

Saying JDF has or will ever have creative control on the show is just being delusional .

mbozzo 02/05/18 08:36 PM

'Moment Of Truth' is a fair episode. We get a monster who get stronger when people lie. The only thing that can stop him is the truth. Monty should have talk Victor from getting the glasses. It cause him to get into a lot of trouble. The lesson of this episode is that it sometime better to tell the truth instead of a lie which might things worse. ;)

Ninja Steel Ranger 02/06/18 07:48 PM

The season seems out to a solid start. I am not surprised they got their powers back right away. I am surprised that Galavanx is gone for good. This weeks episode was a good Hayley and Calvin episode.

KimandTommy 02/11/18 09:56 AM

I forget to mention how it was nice to have a romantic episode. Even if the vuys acted like jerks.

MMPR Forever 02/11/18 09:58 AM

You're very right. And you were also right when you pointed out how Zordon wouldn't have allowed the guys tomget away with making fun of Calvin. But he probably would have reminded Calvin about his anniversary.