Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Does Lightspeed Rescue get a bad rap? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=9166)

Lightspeed Ted 03/14/21 08:32 PM

Does Lightspeed Rescue get a bad rap?

It always felt better then most people gave it credit at the time.

Princess Org 03/14/21 08:35 PM

Re: Does Lightspeed Rescue get a bad rap?

It seemed too boring to me.

Voltron Force 03/14/21 08:37 PM

Its because it was the first season to totally do the hearly reboot Sentai Style. Galaxy at least had ties to Space in the second half. Plus it had a larger then life premise

JungleFury Cat 05/28/21 08:02 PM

I always liked Light Speed Rescue. It was better than Lost Galaxy for me, and many other seasons for that matter. It's not in my top 5 though. I've been under the impression that a lot of people like it but not love it.
It was more exciting for me the first time I saw it.

Miki1988 05/30/21 03:40 AM

I also liked PRLR very much. I liked the characters, the plot, the story and the fact that it was the first season to create a story of its own while not relying on events/characters/plots from previous seasons. Also, LR powers were the first human-developed Ranger powers.

Infact, I think Lightspeed Rescue should have gotten another season.

PRangerX 06/01/21 09:40 PM

Its not necessarily a universal fan favorite, but Lightspeed is far more respected now. And doesn't seem to get the hate it got when it first came out.

Massive Ego 06/01/21 09:42 PM

Once the bar got set so low by Disney and Neo Saban, its hard not to appreciate LR more.

But LR was always fine to me

Goldar's Revenge 06/01/21 09:44 PM

Lightspeed was about taking PR back to basics. In a lot of ways its a more serious MMPR season 1.The strength here is the memorable characters..