Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   R Rated Power Rangers Reboot Series? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7758)

PRangerX 02/10/17 11:24 PM

Re: R Rated Power Rangers Reboot Series?

Some more info. I missed that the article mentioned it was a plan for an animated series. Which the Castlevania Series currently is. Also a Den of Geek article points out that Adi Shanker is the one who produced the Power/Rangers fan film.

Captain Mutiny 02/10/17 11:28 PM

Humm this makes more sense now. If it ends up a cartoon on Netflix I don't see how it will hurt things. Of course it also may never get produced.

Goldar's Revenge 02/10/17 11:29 PM

I wonder if Toei would even allow this? Since they strongly opposed an animated series with Disney .

Usagi Reborn 02/10/17 11:31 PM

Thats because they tried to replace live action with animated. Toei won't care as long as their Sentai is still adapted with the regular series.

Maligore 02/11/17 08:43 PM

It would have to be a .cartoon since Saban would be too cheap to do live action series without Sentai Footage.

Inner Senshi 02/13/17 09:01 PM

Saban Brands is too smart to do this. Letting Lionsgate do a more serious movie is one thing. But going rated R is a big black on the bland.

Saban Fan 02/13/17 09:03 PM

I just can't see Saban given up that kind of control to an outside. I don't care if he worked on that fan film. This is different. Saban is going to be creatively involved in Power Rangers the most out of anyone. And this type of thing doesn't fit his vision.

Captain Codfish 02/13/17 09:06 PM

Saban is more of a business man. And even he has taken a backseat in the role of owner at least publicly. Since he has a President running Saban Brands for him. Whatever his invovlement is, he isn't the show-runner or really involved in the writing process at all. It would be Saban Brands the company stopping this if anybody.

Racecar Ronny 02/16/17 11:21 PM

i doubt this guy is able to do this. Doing Power/Rangers was one thing. But this is clearly not a fan film and would require Saban Brands to sign off. How often does someone shop a show they don't own without working with the brand owners?

Wesley Smallings 02/17/17 07:00 PM

A PG 13 movie sounds more likely to me.