Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   MMPR The Best Ever! (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6091)

MMPR Forever 12/16/14 11:37 PM

MMPR The Best Ever!

I am a huge fan of MMPR. The show was never the same. I just feel like all the seasons after it are poor rip offs. Ive tried Ninja Storm but id just seems like a poor imitation of MMPR. Samurai came close but its just fair to me.

MMPR is the best. It was fun and still kept me hooked. Season 2 and 3 had some exciting multiparters. The Rangers were cooler and more larger than Life. Tommy and Jason were awesome. The cast changes brought it some cool Rangers as well. The original cast is my fav though.

Too bad it ended on a Cliffhanger. I know Zeo continued it. But I really left me dissapointed. I didn't like how Rita and Zedd just left with no resolution. The new suits sucked. I didn't like the Machine Empire.l as villains either.

Disney Ranger 12/16/14 11:40 PM

Re: MMPR The Best Ever!

I agree with a lot of what you said. But I think Disney really did a goos job. Ninja Storn was a perfect retelling of MMPR for a new generation. Did you see DinoThunder? Surprised you wouldn't like that?

Turbo Guy 12/16/14 11:42 PM

I agree about Zeo being a disapointment. But I think Turbo was a good follow up to MMPR. It was whacky and made the show fun again. I actually like it better than MMPR.

MattEmily 12/17/14 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 49798)
I am a huge fan of MMPR. The show was never the same. I just feel like all the seasons after it are poor rip offs. Ive tried Ninja Storm but id just seems like a poor imitation of MMPR. Samurai came close but its just fair to me.

MMPR is the best. It was fun and still kept me hooked. Season 2 and 3 had some exciting multiparters. The Rangers were cooler and more larger than Life. Tommy and Jason were awesome. The cast changes brought it some cool Rangers as well. The original cast is my fav though.

Too bad it ended on a Cliffhanger. I know Zeo continued it. But I really left me dissapointed. I didn't like how Rita and Zedd just left with no resolution. The new suits sucked. I didn't like the Machine Empire.l as villains either.

I completely disagree and the following seasons are not in any way rip offs.
Ninja Storm wasn't even supposed to be close to MMPR so I don't know where you're getting that from but they were supposed to be trying that with both Samurai and Megaforce.

I completely and entirely disagree with MMPR being the BEST. Yes it was fun and it kept me hooked as well and a lot of those Rangers were pretty cool and I do agree that the cast changes have also brought us some cool Rangers as well.

MMPR did technically end on a cliffhanger but it actually continued into Zeo it's actually Zeo itself that ended on a cliffhanger with no resolution to anything that was about to happen. Bulk and Skull were about to leave Detective Stone. Jason gave Gold Ranger powers back to Trey. Mondo, Machina, Sprocket, Klank and Orbus blew up. Zedd and Rita were ready to take over but in the movie both Rita and Zedd are sleeping in a bed together while Divatox is the primary villain.

I personally wasn't a big fan of the Machine Empire for villains either they were cool but some of the monsters just weren't all that interesting to me and I thought using Klank for part of the growing method was just a little too out there at times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 49799)
I agree with a lot of what you said. But I think Disney really did a goos job. Ninja Storn was a perfect retelling of MMPR for a new generation. Did you see DinoThunder? Surprised you wouldn't like that?

I agree the Disney crew did a good job but I don't really see Ninja Storm as a retelling of MMPR.
I can however somewhat see Dino Thunder like that and I would be surprise if he/she didn't like it.

VR Master 12/17/14 12:02 PM

It was good for its time but its time has passed. Still should be honored whenever possible. I personally like Zeo the best.

Sailor Dragonzord 12/17/14 12:05 PM

MMPR is diffinitly my all time favorite season for a lot of the reasons the op suggested. Its not my only favorite season though. Most of the early seasons were awesome. And even after that there are some tremendous seasons that stand on their own.

PRangerX 12/17/14 12:07 PM

Yeah Power Rangers has been around for 20 years , I have a hard time believing that MMPR is the only good incarnation. Far from the case actually. I like MMPR. But Space and Time Force are my personal favorites.

MattEmily 12/17/14 02:59 PM

I personally don't believe MMPR is the only good incarnation. Space and Time Force are good ones like you said but I also like Galaxy, Wild Force, Dino Thunder and RPM. Mystic Force was also good in some cases.

PRangerX 12/17/14 05:22 PM

I can see what Disney Ranger meant with NS. I don't think it was literally MMPR retold. But I do see it as attempt to incorporate a lot of the elements of MMPR and make it work for 2003.
I do see.NS as a kind of MMPR the Next.Generation.

MattEmily 12/17/14 05:28 PM

You do have a point there since we have an evil alien (Lothor) who returns to take over the world for revenge.
You have someone that is somehow trapped - in Zordon's case it was a time warp and in Sensei's case it was in a guinea pig form.
You have a technical advisor, one was a robot, one was a human.
You have teenagers that become Rangers.
You have evil Rangers.