Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Rumored Rangers That MIGHT be returning next year (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7840)

MattEmily 04/09/17 06:29 PM

Rumored Rangers That MIGHT be returning next year

Take this with a grain of salt since this comes from "That Hashtag Show" who had posted a video just yesterday regarding it but they were talking about actors who will apparently be returning.

First I saw the info via TokuNation http://news.tokunation.com/2017/04/0...edium=facebook

Here's the "That Hashtag Show" video

here's the start of the edited: post http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/06/e...rsary-team-up/

New info recently came out regarding this teamup I'll put the highlights in quotes
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatHashtagShow
Not only do we have these interviews to back up our claims for returning Rangers, but a source close to production told us everyone who is returning and we’re going to fill you guys in. There will be 10 past Rangers in total coming back returning to the series and now we’re going to let you know who 8 out of the 10 are and speculation with the remaining 2 Rangers.

1. Jason David Frank/ Tommy

This one is a no-brainer and the worst kept secret in Power Rangers history. We all know that JDF will be making his triumphant return to the series and we are told that the story revolves around Tommy Oliver.

2. Catherine Sutherland/ Kat

It was recently announced that there will be a new graphic novel from Boom Studios called Soul of the Dragon, which will focus on Tommy Oliver’s last adventure. In the press release from Boom it’s revealed that Tommy will have a son and we are told that in the future he marries Kat. In the Super Ninja Steel team up it looks like Catherine Sutherland will be returning as Tommy Oliver’s spouse, Kat Hillard. ComicBook.com also reported the information via a reddit user, now I know what you’re thinking, Reddit?! I know, but it looks like this one is right.

3. Ciara Hanna/ Gia

A lot of fans don’t hold Power Rangers Megaforce or Super Megaforce in high regard especially being it was to be the historic 20th Anniversary season, but there is no denying that Gia was a fan-favorite and one of the shining stars of the show.

4. Li Ming Hu/ Gemma

This one is all but confirmed by her former co-star Mike Ginn, who played her brother Gem. Mike was told this by one of the returning Rangers which is on this list. It’s great to see the RPM season represented in the team-up because many fans believe that RPM might possibly be the best Power Rangers season of all-time.

5. Selwyn Ward/ TJ

A picture surfaced last week that seemed to indicate that Selwyn Ward would be making another return to the Rangers universe but the picture said it was taken at a comic convention. We can confirm that Selwyn Ward will be making his return on Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel! We hope T.J. has a bigger part in this team-up then he did in the last one.

6. Yoshi Sudarso/ Koda

C’mon! We all knew that if Saban didn’t include Peter Sudarso’s brother Yoshi the 25th anniversary team would be one of the biggest missed opportunities in Power Rangers history. One of the most emotional and best moments to come out of Morphicon 2016 was the announcement of Peter Sudarso being cast as the Blue Ninja Steel Ranger Preston and now it looks like both Sudarso brothers have now come full circle. We hope there’s at least a reference between the two possibly being ancestors. We’re so proud of the Sudarso’s!

7. Jason Faunt/ Wes

Time Force is also regarded as one of the best Power Rangers seasons and having someone from Time Force makes sense in this episode. We know that Erin Cahill was asked to return but couldn’t make it due to a scheduling conflict, but having Wes return again is great news! We are also told Time Force will play an important part of the story.

8. Steve Cardenas/ Rocky

Forever Red might be the greatest episode single episode in Power Rangers history but one Red Ranger missing from the legacy was Steve Cardenas who played Rocky and took over the Red Ranger spot on Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers. Steve will now make his long waited return on Super Ninja Steel. It sure will be good to see Rocky again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatHashtagShow
For the remaining two spots we’re gonna let you guys guess but here are some definite possibilities BUT WE CAN NOT CONFIRM THEY ARE ON THE SHOW. It won’t be all four of these Rangers, but we’re under good authority that two of the Rangers are in this group. We are also told that one of the Lightspeed Rangers would be showing up too so we included our list of possibilities.

1. Steven Skyler/ Antonio

Bringing Antonio back would be a nice addition seeing as he can represent the Neo-Saban era alongside Gia.

2. Patricia Ja Lee/ Cassie

We heard rumors that Patricia Ja Lee would be returning to the show, but could not confirm that she was one of the 10 Rangers returning.

3. Alison MacInnis/ Dana

We know that Alison returned to the 20th anniversary episode but her name has been one that we’ve heard was floating around.

4. Rhett Fisher/ Ryan

We think it makes a ton of sense to bring back the first American created Ranger to the show, the Titanium Ranger!

5. Sean CW Johnson/ Carter

Sean appeared in the 20th anniversary episode of the Power Rangers, so we would put him low on the list but we can definitely see Carter making his presence felt in the 25th anniversary episode.

here is where the edit starts for July 30, 2018

This report comes from IGN.

Quote:

IGN can exclusively reveal three of the returning Rangers - and the premiere date for the anniversary episode - to give you time to prepare yourself for the wave of nostalgia that's about to hit you.

As some fans have speculated, Nickelodeon will air the anniversary team-up at 8 p.m. on August 28, the date that Mighty Morphin Power Rangers first premiered on the Fox Kids Network.

Three of the Rangers that fans can look forward to seeing during the episode are Tommy Oliver (Jason David Frank), who served as the original Green and White Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, the Red Zeo and Turbo Ranger, and the Black Dino Ranger; Kat Hillard (Catherine Sutherland), the second Pink Mighty Morphin Ranger and the Pink Zeo and Turbo Ranger; and Wes Collins (Jason Faunt), the Red Time Force Ranger. More iconic Rangers from past seasons will be announced in the coming weeks.
as was pretty much figured Tommy will be using his Green Ranger powers however in a total surprise that I doubt many people saw coming Kat will be using her Turbo powers

here's the start of the edit for today (Saturday Aug. 18th) since a new trailer was shown at Power Morphicon and someone else had uploaded it

Captain Codfish 04/09/17 08:03 PM

Re: Rumored Rangers That MIGHT be returning next year

Kinda funny after your joke from last week.

Zordon's Legacy 04/10/17 02:13 PM

I hope they are right. Sounds like a good group of returning Rangers.

MattEmily 04/10/17 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 65507)
Kinda funny after your joke from last week.

yup it is right? it's pretty coincidental. My exclusion of Erin Cahill (Jen) from my list wasn't based on a slight against her since Jen is one of my favorite Rangers but I was pretty much deadset on Erin never returning since she had declined to return for Super Megaforce all because of the show being non-union which it still is.

Jen's Revenge 04/10/17 05:30 PM

I'm surprised too. But I am not complaining. Since its awesome to have Jen back in any form.

MMPR Forever 04/10/17 05:34 PM

I's rather just the MMPR Ranger show up.. At least they Steel Team are the firsr Rangers to live up to them.

Ninja Steel Ranger 04/10/17 05:36 PM

I just hope they don't overshadow the NS 2 team.

Ninja Storm Fan 04/10/17 05:37 PM

I wish the Ninja Storm team would come back and take over. I know that won't happen..

Kody's Pride 04/24/17 08:38 PM

I hope the rumors end up being true.

MattEmily 04/28/17 03:53 PM

Here's an update on the rumored returning actors the source comes from this site https://www.powerrangersnow.com/a-ru...urning-actors/

Quote:

Spotted in New Zealand
*Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel films in New Zealand

•Jason David Frank – Tommy Oliver, Green Mighty Morphin Ranger
•Steve Cardenas – Rocky DeSantos, Zeo Ranger III, Blue
•Catherine Sutherland – Katherine Hillard, Zeo Ranger I, Pink
•Jason Faunt – Wes Collins, Red Time Force Ranger
•Jeffrey Parazzo – Trent Fernandez, White Dino Thunder Ranger
•Nic Sampson – Chip Thorn, Yellow Mystic Ranger
•Ciara Hanna – Gia Moran, Yellow Megaforce Ranger
•Yoshi Sudarso – Koda, Blue Dino Charge Ranger

Rumored to Appear
*Reported by That Hashtag Show

•Johnny Yong Bosch – Adam Park, Zeo Ranger IV, Green
•Nakia Burrise – Tanya Sloan, Zeo Ranger II, Yellow
•Pua Magasiva – Shane Clarke, Red Wind Ranger
•Sally Martin – Tori Hanson, Blue Wind Ranger

Declined Invite
*Due to other conflicts (reported by TokuNation)

•Erin Cahill – Jen Scott, Pink Time Force Ranger
•Milo Cawthorne – Ziggy Grover, Ranger Green

Zeo Power 04/29/17 07:08 AM

Damn I wish Tommy was coming back as Red Zeo.

Jen's Revenge 04/29/17 07:10 AM

Its so disappointing that Erin isn't coming back after all. I wonder how they would have used Ziggy since it was a parrall universe

MattEmily 04/29/17 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeo Power (Post 65960)
I wish Tommy was coming back as Red Zeo.

me too but Green is his favorite so it's not really that much of a surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 65961)
Its so disappointing that Erin isn't coming back after all. I wonder how they would have used Ziggy since it was a parrall universe

yea it is and so do I.

Caveman Koda 04/29/17 12:05 PM

Good to see my man Koda come back. Not surprising since the wctor is brothers with the actor who played Preston.The funny part is they act nothing alike

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 04/29/17 12:07 PM

No offense but you do know they are just actors playing a roke? We don't know their real life personas .

MattEmily 04/30/17 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Steel Ranger (Post 65544)
I just hope they don't overshadow the NS 2 team.

well let's look at past history shall we? and this is history that Chip would've wrote and keep in mind that I'm only using history that doesn't use crossover footage for the teamup since it's the best way for us to tell what will or won't happen.

He wrote and directed Justin's return in Space and he did not overshadow the other Rangers.

He wrote Adam's return in Space and while he might've overshadowed some of the newer Rangers it was for a good reason since he was there to be kind of like a mentor to Carlos since he was doubting himself.

He only wrote the Space/Galaxy teamup episodes and as we all know none of the Space team really overshadowed the new guys.

MattEmily 05/05/17 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 65543)
I's rather just the MMPR Ranger show up.. At least they Steel Team are the firsr Rangers to live up to them.

while MMPR was definitely the original team so they should be the first priority this is actually an anniversary celebration so they want to celebrate the many different teams and even if they wanted other MMPR sadly things don't always get to happen that way for various reasons.

Amy Jo (Kimberly) said in her panel from this past weekend's con appearance that she had been invited back but she had to decline the offer due to the show being non-union.

Davi (Ivan the Gold Dino Charge Ranger) and Blake (Justin) also will not be returning.

KimandTommy 05/05/17 11:25 AM

Its such a shame Amy Jo couldn't come back.

MMPR Forever 05/05/17 11:26 AM

Especially since she appeared in the movie.

MattEmily 05/05/17 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 65977)
Its such a shame Amy Jo couldn't come back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 65978)
Especially since she appeared in the movie.

yup sadly that's how things work. She's still working so apparently she's not willing to risk working on a non-union production which the show is but the recent movie wasn't.

Maligore 05/06/17 11:44 AM

Its too Saban is too cheap to go union.

MattEmily 05/06/17 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 65991)
Its too Saban is too cheap to go union.

that's not really the main reason I think the main reason they don't want the show to go union is because that forces more rules on them.

Massive Ego 05/07/17 05:50 PM

Oh its absolutely about saving money. He isn't wrong there.

MattEmily 05/15/17 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 66018)
Oh its absolutely about saving money. He isn't wrong there.

actually he is wrong since it's not ALL about money like he's claiming it to be it's a bunch of things since being an union production would mean they would have to play by union rules which means they're required to get a certain amount of breaks, they'd be required to pay the actors their union-mandated salary as well as residuals and they're already paying residuals to most Space-Wild Force SAG actors including the voice actors and not to mention they would have to pay all transportation costs.

Derek Stephen Prince for example still gets residual paychecks because of Elgar and Tankenstein in Space, Treacheron in Galaxy, Fishface's 2nd voice in Galaxy, Jetara in Time Force and Tire Org in Wild Force.

MattEmily 05/15/17 07:38 PM

Ninja Steel has officially wrapped production on Super Ninja Steel.

MattEmily 05/24/17 09:12 PM

well here's the latest update.

Quote:

Spotted in New Zealand

•Steven Skyler - Antonio Garcia, Gold Samurai Ranger
•James Davies - Chase Randall, Black Dino Charge Ranger

Rumored to Appear

Declined Invite
*Due to other conflicts (reported by TokuNation)

•Erin Cahill – Jen Scott, Pink Time Force Ranger
•Milo Cawthorne – Ziggy Grover, Ranger Green
•Davi Santos - Ivan - Gold Dino Charge Ranger

Inner Senshi 05/24/17 10:59 PM

That looks like a good roster.

MattEmily 05/28/17 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 66219)
That looks like a good roster.

yup that it does but it could be better granted we don't know for absolute certain if James (Chase) actually went to the set for reunion purposes or if he was just visiting someone there since if I recall correctly he actually lives in the area unlike the others who have been spotted in the area.

MattEmily 06/03/17 02:01 PM

Quote:

Spotted in New Zealand

•Steven Skyler - Antonio Garcia, Gold Samurai Ranger
•James Davies - Chase Randall, Black Dino Charge Ranger

Rumored to Appear

It'd be awesome if we got to see all of their related weapons obviously the Green Mighty Morphin Ranger didn't really use the Dragon Dagger as a weapon but it'd be nice if we got to see other weapons and attacks such as for example all of the following stuff:

Zeo Blades, Pistols and Laser Pistols along with their individual weapons and their Zeo Jet Cycles.
Chrono Saber both the lance form and the dual form plus the Time Strike attack along with his V-1 weapon, his Red Battle Warrior form, the Electro Booster, the Vector Cycle and the Strata Cycle.
The Drago Sword, its special attack, his ATV and of course his Super Dino Mode.
Magi Staff, his Staff's Crossbow Mode, Legend Warrior, Lion Staff, Mystic Racer
Barracuda Blade
Gia's related Megaforce weapons but also her Super Mega Mode weapons.
Koda and Chase's related weapons
Shane and Tori's Ninja Swords, Laser Blasters, Gliders, Tsunami Cycles, their Ninja Swords in Gold Mode and of course Shane's Battlizer.

MattEmily 07/09/17 07:48 PM

I thought I should mention this but there have been information that has included leaked info that shows some Rangers in action so whatever is going on they will be having some fighting action and a huge thing of note is that the Red Turbo Ranger was 1 of the Rangers that got leaked which appears to mean that Selwyn is apparently back.

MattEmily 12/22/17 09:40 AM

I came across something new on rangerboard today that was posted by someone last week.

Quote:

There's going to be an Anniversary Episode, and according to a Shirt that crew members got, it will be the 10th episode. But I think That Hashtag Show said, there's going to be more than just one episode. Probably like the Samurai and JF episodes from SMF.
The villain is probably going to be an alternate version of the summer movie villain from Ninninger.

Confirmed ranger actors:
-Ciara Hanna (did ADR last week; spotted in New Zealand)
-Yoshi Sudarso (spotted in NZ multiple times, did ADR last week)
-Jason Faunt (did ADR last week; spotted in NZ)
-Jason David Frank (basically confirmed it multiple times)
-Jeff Parazzo & Steven Skyler (spotted in NZ with other ranger actors)
-Steve Cardenas (spotted in NZ; Power Sword seen on set and ASJ wasn't in NZ at that time)
-An RPM Ranger (confirmed by ThatHashtagShow; probably Dan Ewing, Ari Boyland or Li Ming Hu; Milo Cawthorne already declined, Eka Darville and Rose McIver are probably too expensive and Mike Ginn is in HyperForce next week, so I don't think he'll come back for SNStl)
Only one I didn't see was Catherine Sutherland, but appearantly she was spotted in NZ too.

There's also Nic Sampson, Sally Martin, Pua Magasiva and James Davies, but they live in NZ, so they can't really be confirmed

AFAIK that's all we know about the anniversary special.

Tommy Hater 12/22/17 11:48 AM

No more Tommy!

Everyone Loves Rocky 12/22/17 11:49 AM

So excited to see Rocky come back! He is the classic Red Ranger in most fans eyes.

Adam White Tiger 12/22/17 11:49 AM

I'm disapointed Adam won't be back.

MattEmily 12/22/17 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Hater (Post 71035)
No more Tommy!

we're going to be seeing him come back whenever there's an anniversary until JDF dies so good luck with that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyone Loves Rocky (Post 71037)
So excited to see Rocky come back! He is the classic Red Ranger in most fans eyes.

no he isn't.

Goldar's Revenge 12/22/17 05:10 PM

It is interesting to see that Rocky has his old Red Powers again?

No Green Spandex 12/22/17 05:11 PM

Your probably right but boy does Tommy returning give me bad taste in my mouth. Just let the character rest.

MattEmily 12/22/17 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 71044)
It is interesting to see that Rocky has his old Red Powers again?

indeed it is at least that's what it looks like

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 71045)
Your probably right but boy does Tommy returning give me bad taste in my mouth. Just let the character rest.

better get used to it since they're not giving him a rest

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam White Tiger (Post 71038)
I'm disapointed Adam won't be back.

he was on the rumored list so it's possible we'll see him but at this point we just don't have much info since they're trying to keep things quiet this go around

Billy in The Middle 12/22/17 06:33 PM

I am stoked for the team up. With Judd Lynn in charge, it should make up for the LB fiasco in Super Megaforce.

MattEmily 12/22/17 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy in The Middle (Post 71057)
I am stoked for the team up. With Judd Lynn in charge, it should make up for the LB fiasco in Super Megaforce.

same here plus there's no Sentai footage of this battle