Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was Mailgore related to Spector? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6385)

Lord Leo 02/16/15 05:50 PM

Was Mailgore related to Spector?

Dark Spector and Maligore look identical. It makes you wonder whether they are related.

MattEmily 02/16/15 06:54 PM

Re: Was Mailgore related to Spector?

no they weren't as far as we know of but Amit did want them to be related in his original plans for Forever Red.
Also they may be pretty similar but they're not identical.

Maligore's eyes were more opened up. Dark Specter's eyes were more like slit eyes.
Maligore and Dark Specter both had different body coloring.

Captain Codfish 02/16/15 07:16 PM

Interesting where did you hear that about Amit wanting them to be related?

PRangerX 02/16/15 07:32 PM

I used to think Mailgore was the previous head of the UAE and Dark Spector was his assistant at one point. Taking over for him when Maligore was trapped in the Nemisis Triangle.

Usagi Reborn 02/16/15 07:34 PM

I think they just used the same suit to save money. They were never meant to be related. I guess its possible they are from the same race.

Captain Codfish 02/16/15 07:40 PM

Spector was a shapeshifter. He probably used the form of Mailgore to make people scared of him.

MattEmily 02/16/15 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 52016)
Interesting where did you hear that about Amit wanting them to be related?

it was something that came up back in the days of the newsgroup.
Basically Amit had wanted to set up a plot where a group would be trying to resurrect Dark Specter but Koichi didn't want to use Dark Specter and he offered the idea of using "these robotic suits" that were originally going to be villain suits from B-Fighter but instead they eventually opted to use the B-Fighter suits that were Beetleborgs and Astralborgs.

Sledge's Bounty 02/17/15 12:49 PM

I think they are just from the same race. I don't think they had anything to do with each other.