Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Each Ranger with a Megazord (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7881)

Kaigan 05/30/17 07:36 PM

Re: Each Ranger with a Megazord

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimoMystechRanger (Post 66324)
Get. Out.

No, he's right. Well, at least in the sense that they are handled horridly nowadays. Now that I've spent the better part of a month watching nothing but older Sentai, I really miss the days where the show was a toy commercial sure, but more often than not the new toys serviced the plot and not the other way around. When something new showed up, it felt special. Now it's just new zord after new zord after new zord and then they get used once or twice and totally forgotten, and they're often the entire focus of the episode. It's all so arbitrary and meaningless and it's lost any sort of special meaning.

God, I long for the days of Carranger when it was two main mechs and maybe an auxiliary or two. And no fucking collectibles.

kibapower 05/30/17 07:36 PM

I'd love if they intended the auxilery mecha to be one offs from the start. Every mecha's the Exotic Brothers headders, a random use of powers

Kaigan 05/30/17 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kibapower (Post 66333)
I'd love if they intended the auxilery mecha to be one offs from the start. Every mecha's the Exotic Brothers headders, a random use of powers

Hey, if it gets us another ostrich zord.

Titanium321 05/30/17 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cestro (Post 66322)
So why haven't we reached the logical evolution; giving each ranger their own Megazord?

At some point, I suspect we will. It seems like an inevitable step with mecha heavy series. I think the only thing holding it back right now is the size of casts. A small team would be better to do it with and they've been going in the opposite direction with that lately. Not to mention at the heart of it is Toei and Bandai's general unwillingness to market to girls and give girl rangers their due with the toys on the same level as boys. They'll make girl toys, but just to complete sets, never as the main focus, never with special attention. Especially with what sells with the kids in Japan versus the American kids.

It really depends on the current trends the show latches onto. One mecha with changeable parts has been the go to for a while now. It's easier to sell auxiliary zords than extra megazords. If they're cheap remold parts to attach to existing toys too, all the better.

I would love to see everyone end up in their own megazord. Jungle Fury got close but not quite right. Often the problem is just getting a body zord to fill space. Wild Force had so many arms floating around but only three bodies and two legs to use which really held it back.

I think a neat way to approach it would be a megazord configuration for each ranger. Where their zord becomes the body and the others arrange around for the new mode. Sort of how ninninger/Ninja Steel does the first Megazord combo with red and blue changing places making different formations or even better the way Time Force has three different ways to combine their main zords.

A smaller three man team could probably get away with that easier. A Primary Warrior mode for the standard humanoid fighting mecha, a secondary beast mode combo and a third flight form would make the most sense. A Red, Blue, and Yellow form essentially. It doesn't seem that unlikely, but probably will need to wait for the mech toys to pick up popularity over role play items.

Alitain 05/30/17 07:36 PM

I think each ranger having their own megazord would be excessive even for Sentai. I mean yeah, there're sometimes several auxiliary zords but you'd need at minimum two more zords per ranger for a three-zord megazord, let alone a five-zord combination. So that'd be ten auxiliary zords just for that alone. Not to mention you'd need to take the time to introduce them which likely would mean one episode per ranger with them being rewarded or finding them.

And if you had five megazords running around what would that do to the scales of battles? I mean, already most of the time the megazord forms and they might exchange a sword clash or two, or take a couple hits from the monster then unleash their final move and we're done. But if you have five megazords all getting involved that would be a lot of to do. And then, because it's inevitable with Sentai, they'd have to start combining the individual megazords into super megazords. Whether they would combine all five together, or just two or three at a time no clue. But still, those kind of shoved together megazords just end up looking...meh in my opinion. And generally they're basically just a fancy pile of zords that does nothing but unleash their super move anyways.

I think what might be fun, is having the rangers with warrior zords like Magiranger and such seasons. But then let them each gain a single auxiliary zord that acts as an accessory to their zord. Much like how they do with megazords now, becoming arms/legs/etc and giving a new weapon or attack. But on a smaller scale for the warrior zords, just not a full on megazord.

Sevenlima 05/31/17 07:57 PM

Individual Megazords would be too expensive, i think.

Dark storm 05/31/17 07:57 PM

But it would be worth it if they could all combine into the biggest megazord ever!

Sevenlima 05/31/17 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark storm (Post 66338)
But it would be worth it if they could all combine into the biggest megazord ever!

I can really imagine how would look like.

WhiteMystechRanger 05/31/17 07:57 PM

I would like to see that.

Wild Force Style would be the best way to do it. That way you have a standard 3 or 5 mech robo for the team, but the Rangers find zords that match their colour and animal/vehicle theme and soon you have 3 or 5 megazords with matching colours/motifs that can mix and match with each other.

Perhaps a bit much, but I prefer that over single use Aux mecha.

PrimoMystechRanger 05/31/17 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark storm (Post 66338)

https://i825.photobucket.com/albums/...ctMegazord.jpg