Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was it too easy for Tommy Clone to become Green Ranger? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8465)

White Spandex Rules 01/09/18 10:32 PM

Re: Was it too easy for Tommy Clone to become Green Ranger?

I was just glad we had the the show down. It made perfect sense.Tommy facing Tommy was really cool.

MattEmily 01/10/18 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 72355)
I thought it made no sense and was unneeded. The Green Powers storyline was done. And we already had way too much of Tommy. The only good part was the drama in the zord dight of whether to destroy Dragonzord or not. I just wish Tommy stayed with the clone in the past.

the only bad thing is it was Zyuranger, Zyu2 and Dairanger footage they didn't do any original footage with the zords likely because they didn't have the Zyuranger mecha BUT that's cold wishing the real Tommy would've stayed in the past just because you despise him that much for hogging the spotlight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Spandex Rules (Post 72474)
I was just glad we had the the show down. It made perfect sense.Tommy facing Tommy was really cool.

very true it's just disappointing that it wasn't a fair fight.

No Green Spandex 01/10/18 07:31 AM

Tommy staying in the past would have been a good thing for him. He could have let those settlers know Angel Grove was supposed to be in California.

MattEmily 01/10/18 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 72489)
Tommy staying in the past would have been a good thing for him. He could have let those settlers know Angel Grove was supposed to be in California.

still cold of you and very funny about that other part.

Goldar's Revenge 01/10/18 08:16 AM

I know your kidding about the Angel Grove part. But there is nothing in that episode to set up Tommy staying in colonial Angel Grove. The clone has a reason, since he wants to create his own legacy. Heck Adam has more of a reason to stay than the real Tommy. Since he actually connects with a young woman.

Gosei Gold 01/12/18 11:40 AM

Maybe the Wizard was on the outs with Zedd. And Rita wasn't allowed to use him in Season 1? This could be why she didn't make a clone after Green Candle.

MattEmily 01/12/18 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosei Gold (Post 72576)
Maybe the Wizard was on the outs with Zedd. And Rita wasn't allowed to use him in Season 1? This could be why she didn't make a clone after Green Candle.

or perhaps she hadn't made the Ghost yet? we don't know when he was created do we? or even perhaps he had to be re-created and it took a lot of time and magic to do so?

Usagi Reborn 01/13/18 08:03 AM

It could be the the Dragonzord Powers weren't avalible to Rita until Tommy lost his powers in " Green No More". But only the Wizard could allow Rita to use the powers. And he needed to make a Tommy Clone as well. But lets not forget Rita wasn't around again until "The Wedding". And "Return of Green Ranger" is not long after that.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 01/13/18 08:06 AM

Rita had no access to the Green Powers while Jason held the coin or Tommy lost his recharged powers. Which didn't happen until after her banishment. So considering she used the wizard soon after her comeback, I think we have our reason.

Kimmy Repulsa 01/13/18 12:19 PM

The Wizard should have had to use the Green Candle to make the new coin. It did make little sense.