Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was the dialogue for Ninja Storm innovative or annoying? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8915)

Ninja Lord 05/26/20 05:36 PM

Was the dialogue for Ninja Storm innovative or annoying?

I remember the dialogue in Ninja Storm, especially with the winds, was very controversial during Ninja Storm. A lot of people didn't like the constant use of the word dude and felt it was too dumbed down. Others liked the colourful dialogue and felt it made the show more fun. Where do you stand?

Piccolo Diamond 05/26/20 05:38 PM

Re: Was the dialogue for Ninja Storm innovative or annoying?

I think its a little bit overblown. The weirdness was more in the early episodes. By the time Cam and the Thunders joined the team that faded away.The conversations were fine after that.

Ninja Storm Samurai 05/26/20 05:39 PM

I loved it, it wasn't annoying at all. It was fun and made the show the freshest it felt since MMPR.

Ninja Storm Fan 05/26/20 05:41 PM

Ninja Storm is the definitive season of Power Rangers. Really its the the only good season anyway. The dialogue was perfect.

Cam's Journey 05/26/20 05:42 PM

It was more the ADR issues that bothered me. I didn't mind the dude. It waa kinda like kids talked then.

Dustin Dude 05/26/20 05:46 PM

I wouldn't say its how kids talked. But it was fun and worked for what they were going for. The Winds were supposed to be extreme sports athletes and were presented make cool surfer dudes.

Goldar's Revenge 05/26/20 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam's Journey (Post 77512)
It was more the ADR issues that bothered me. I didn't mind the dude. It waa kinda like kids talked then.

The ADR weren't surprising since they had to break in a whole new ADR team after MMPR Productions was shut down.

Massive Ego 05/26/20 05:54 PM

It was beyond cringe inducing. The Winds were written like morons and could be taken seriously. Ninja Storm was an abomination and the start of the dark ages for the franchise. The only Ranger I could stand was Cam. And that was mainly because he cracked on the Winds so much in the beginning. The villains weren't any better. How could I take Lotjor seriously as a villain?

Green Legend 05/28/20 12:45 AM

I think they overdid the dude word.

Astro Hawk 05/28/20 04:39 PM

The dialogue was terrible. The scary part is that it was the least of that awful season's problems..