Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Zabitan's Forum (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=4725)

Zabitan 02/18/15 04:49 PM

Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Grimlord's House of Fear written by Margo McCahon and directed by Robert Hughes.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that with training, and teamwork you can be ready for the unexpected.

We then go to a stereotypical looking suburb where the Troopers are looking around a supposedly haunted house but don't see anything.

After a cat scare the Troopers meet a young boy named Manuel who told Kaitlin about the house, and wants to take a picture to prove its haunted but the Troopers are still not convinced.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries one of Ziktor's secretaries informs him that the Troopers are snooping around the house so he tells her to stop them before they ruin his plan.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar, and Icebot who both explain that they created a device called the cyber beam that will open a hole in the reality barrier at the old house, and that they have a new mutant protecting it.

Then at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin is showing Woody her story, and pointing out various weird occurrences around the house but he isn't convinced unless Kaitlin can show a photo of the ghost, and Percy rubs it in but gets instant karma when the vacuum cleaner he's using malfunctions, and he starts accidentally blowing objects, and people with it.

While at the virtual dungeon Grimlord summons Icebot who's running a test with the cyber beam to some the new mutant Vacbot by assembling it from various items in the house but it uses more power than expected, and the experiment is a failure.

Then at the house Manuel takes a picture of Icebot's experiment, and calls Kaitlin thinking it's the ghost, and she decides to go to the house herself while Manuel finds out that his picture didn't come out right so he decides to go back for a better picture.

Kaitlin goes to the house, and sees a real estate agent holding a sign but when Kaitlin talks to her the Real estate agent turns into an army of Skugs.

Kaitlin kicks a Skug so another tries to hit her with the real estate sign but Kaitlin dodges it, takes it, and hit the Skugs with it while still kicking them.

Then she gets rid of the sign, and just punches, and kicks them, and kicks all the Skugs into each other disintegrating them.

Then Kaitlin runs into Manuel while Icebot performs one final cyber beam experiment, and it works, and Vacbot is successfully activated.

Zabitan 02/18/15 04:50 PM

Manuel takes a picture thinking it's the ghost but when the photo comes out they see it's a mutant so Kaitlin has Manuel go to the Underground Voice Daily while she goes to Tao dojo.

At Tao dojo Ryan, and JB are sparing with Tao who beats both of them then Kaitlin shows up, and explains she needs Ryan, and JB's help, and as soon as Tao leaves Kaitlin explains what's happening so they go to the lab.

At the lab the Troopers explain what happened, and the Professor has the Troopers put on visors, and shows them some Spielban footage, and explains that thanks to Icebot's cyber beam he can create virtual constructs including mutants from our side of the reality barrier who can make holes in the reality barrier for the rest of Grimlord's mutants to break in so the Troopers transform.

Ryan goes into the Skybase while JB, and Kaitlin go into the house, and JB punches Vacbot but Vacbot punches him so Kaitlin grabs Vacbot so JB can beat him up but Vacbot throws Kaitlin off so JB pulls out his ray gun but Vacbot shoots a freezing most at him.

Then they end up back outside for no reason, and even JB lampshades it, and Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters appear so JB takes the fight to virtual reality.

Ivar, and his tanks appear, and along with the air force , and they all fire at JB, and Kaitlin so Kaitlin summons the Battle Cruiser, and destroys Ivar's tanks.

Ryan chases after Ivar's Air Castle (the turtle like spaceship from Save the Trees) because that's where Icebot's lab is but Icebot evades him by hiding in a lake.

Vacbot then jumps at JB, and hits him with his vacuum cleaner arm so JB hits Vacbot with his sword but Vacbot sucks it with his vacuum arm.

Kaitlin rams Ivar's tank off a cliff while Ryan finds the Air Castle, and drops bombs on it so it tries to get away but Ryan fires missiles at it, and crashes down.

Vacbot fires a red laser at JB, and then freezes JB with his most but JB uses supercharge, and breaks out of the ice, and destroys Vacbot with Laser Lance, and Grimlord shames Icebot for failure.

Later at the Underground Voice Daily Manuel shows up while Percy's cleaning, and goes up to Woody, and the Troopers, and he talks about working for the paper someday, and taking a picture of the Troopers in , and Percy complains which leads to one last comedy bit where Jeb pushes a mop bucket on him.

Anyway "I miss you dad" the end.

Zabitan 02/18/15 04:51 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked the idea of Grimlord, and his mutants being able to create mutants from our side of the reality barrier that can weaken it enough to let other mutants in.

I also liked the idea of everyone initially thinking the house was haunted, and I thought Manuel was a pretty cool character.

I'm not sure what I think of Vacbot since he's like the opposite of Pollenbot in that I don't really like the idea so much of a monster based on random household items but somehow he has pretty cool design.

I also liked how they actually acknowledged the villain base from Spielban, and explained it as Grimlord's main spaceship.

And I liked how they explained that that's where Icebot's laboratory is as a way to explain why the Spielban villains are never in the same place as the Metalder ones without editing.

Though I'm a bit confused since all the previous episodes implied that the Spielban villains where just in a different part of the virtual dungeon unless the idea is he has different labs in both the Air Castle, and virtual dungeon.

I also liked how they didn't take out anything from the Spielban episode, and in fact I think they added stuff as well.

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.

Zabitan 02/19/15 02:05 AM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Three Strikes written by Mark Litton, and directed by Robert Hughes.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad told him that there are two forces that enhance our senses cooperation, and competition.

We then go to baseball field where a bunch of little kids are playing baseball, and JB is their coach, and their best player is a little boy named Shawn Matsumoto but they're in danger of losing their field so they're having a benefit game to save it.

When Ryan asks what kind of person would take a baseball field from little kids we immediately learn the answer by going to Ziktor industries where Ziktor explains he wants to tear down the field, and build another power plant.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and orders his minions to abduct Shawn so he can't play in the benefit game.

Then at the Underground Voice Daily we get a comedy bit where Woody acts like a vendor, and throws snacks around then JB comes in with Sean who thanks Woody, and the paper for sponsoring the game.

We then we get another comedy bit where Percy tries to show off his batting skills, and Jen trips him with a baseball, and everyone else goes back to talking to Sean about the game.

Then we go back to the baseball field where JB, and his team are practicing, and JB psyches his team up then a bunch of teenagers show up to play baseball, and the Troopers ask what their favorite thing about it is.

The teenagers say stealing, and when the Troopers ask what they mean they say kids but since this is a children's superhero show, and not Law, and Order the teenagers are just Skugs.

Kaitlin has the kids evacuate while Ryan, and JB kick the Skugs then Kaitlin shows up to help by punching them while a Skug tries to kidnap Sean but he gets away.

Then a Skug tries to kick Ryan but he grabs it,throws it, punches, and kicks it, and throws it again while JB kicks some more Skugs while Kaitlin punches, kicks, and throws some other Skugs, and pushes them into each other while Ryan, and JB kick the last two into each other destroying the Skugs.

Kaitlin wonders where Sean is, and he's okay while at the virtual dungeon Grimlord summons Icebot who explains that he's repaired Metalbot.

At the lab the Troopers wonder what Grimlord wants with Sean, and the Professor just says they should keep an eye on him just to be sure so they take turns staking out Sean's house.

Then Kaitlin wishes there was a way they can stay in touch, and the Professor makes these game boy looking devices appear with the lab's machines one is half red, half blue for Ryan, another is half red half silver for JB, and the other half red half white for Kaitlin.

Later that night we see Kaitlin sitting outside Shawn's apartment building while in virtual reality Metalbot, Chrome Dome, Minotaurbot, and an unnamed red, and silver robot who will later be called Renegade search for a reality break while Shawn sleeps, and the Troopers take shifts watching the building.

Zabitan 02/19/15 02:06 AM

The next day Ryan is still sitting outside Shawn's building when Grimlord's mutants appear in the real world, and kidnap Shawn.

So Ryan transforms to rescue Shawn from Chrome Dome but is ambushed by Minotaurbot but Ryan makes quick work of him but the other mutants get away so Ryan summons the Turbo Cycle to chase after the but Air Striker, and Fighterbot appear to attack, and Ryan looses them, and at the virtual dungeon Zelton informs Grimlord that they captured Shawn.

At the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin, Woody, Percy, and everyone else is looking for anything that can help find Shawn then Kaitlin gets a call from JB telling her to meet him at the lab.

At the lab Ryan tells JB, and Kaitlin that they found Shawn so they put on their visors, and see Shawn being held hostage by Grimlord's mutants so they all transform.

The Troopers all go into the Skybase to rescue Shawn but Grimlord has Ivar send Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters to attack them but the Troopers destroy them.

While at the lab the Professor, and Jen tell the Troopers where Shawn's location so Ryan jumps out of the Skybase while the others stay in the Skybase.

After some dramatic tension Ryan appears but Metalbot just starts punches him repeatedly so JB jumps down, and helps by shooting lasers at Chrome Dome but Shawn gets knocked loose, and almost falls off a cliff so Ryan, and JB try to rescue him.

But Metalbot appears, and punches Ryan but he dodges, and punches, and kicks Metalbot who then makes spikes come out of his hands, and tries to punch Ryan some more but Ryan dodges, and lands his own attacks.

So Metalbot fires his spikes but Ryan hits them away but they explode but Ryan dodges, and attacks Metalbot who fires electrical beams.

But Ryan dodges, and uses Lighting Hand so Metalbot makes a tentacle come out of his chest and shoots Ryan who Lighting Hands Metalbot anyway, and kicks Metalbot destroying him.

Ryan, and the others rescue Shawn, and Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Later at the baseball game it's the bottom of the ninth, and JB, and Shawn's team needs a home run to win but they've already raised enough money to save the baseball field, and Shawn hits a home run.

Zabitan 02/19/15 02:06 AM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was one of those weird okay episodes that wasn't all that bad but not all that great.

The story was all right but it reminded me of a lot of earlier episodes.

I liked the fight with Metalbot but it reminded me of why I wished either Metalder would have used a monster that wasn't already used in an episode for the one this episode was based on.

Or they just took the Metalder episode this was based on, and the one Kaitlin's Front Page was based on, and just made an episode from that.

I did like how they got an actual Japanese American boy to play Shawn, and had American actors wear American made prop hands so they could integrate footage of the civilian boy from the Metalder episode into this one.

Come to think of it I probably would like to see that more often in this show.

I also liked how they didn't skip anything from the Metalder episode other than the stuff with Top Gunder.

And how they also tried to edit it so JB could be with Ryan during the fight scene.

Zabitan 02/20/15 07:37 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Danger in the Deep written by Adam Gilad, and directed by Robert Hughes.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how his dad told him that the strongest mind will always surpass the strongest body.

Then we go to a lake where the Troopers are once again riding around on jet skis, and when they are done Ryan says nothing could ruin the day.

And on cue we go to Ziktor industries where Ziktor explains his latest evil scheme to destroy Crossworld City dam, and flood the city so he can make his own one, then hen he transforms into Grimlord, and explains his scheme to his mutants.

Then we go back to the beach where Jeb makes a fire hydrant out of sand and Kaitlin decides to take nature shots, and sees Percy on a rowboat which leads to a comedy bit where Jeb knocks Percy off his boat

Then Kaitlin sees some strange looking men carrying boxes out of a truck but a lifeguard appears and he tells Kaitlin that the water is contaminated

So Kaitlin tells the others, and they all take a sample, and while it looks fine they head to the lab while the lifeguard talks without moving his lips and his eyes glow red.

At the lab the Troopers, and the Professor run a test on the sample of water, and it checks out as fine then they put on their visors, and scan the lake, and don't find anything except radio waves.

Then Kaitlin mentions the guys carrying crates so they all decide go back to the lake where Kaitlin look for the truck while the others will go under water in scuba gear.

At the beach Ryan, JB are checking their scuba gear when the lifeguard appears, and when JB tells him they checked the water themselves, and it's clean the lifeguard transforms into an army of Skugs.

Ryan fights off Skugs with a flipper while JB just kicks them but starts using his scuba gear as a weapon as well, and the two knock two Skugs into each other, and destroy them.

Then JB kicks one Skug while Ryan grabs, and punches, and throws another, and finally JB throws his diving goggles and knocks the last two Skugs into each other, and destroys them.

Meanwhile Kaitlin spots someone else getting out of the water but they run away into a truck bed, the truck drives off before she can find out who they are but they leave behind a piece of crate that says dyn on it.

Zabitan 02/20/15 07:38 PM

Then Ryan, and JB have their scuba gear on, and go into the lake and they see some recycled Spielban footage from Error in the System of an underwater cave, and when go back to land Kaitlin shows up, and everyone explains to each other what happened.

While at the virtual dungeon Grimlord summons a silver mutant named Shoulderbot so named because one shoulder is a machine gun, and the other is a laser cannon as he demonstrates on some Skugs carrying cardboard cutouts of JB, and Kaitlin in Trooper mode.

At the Underground Voice Daily Ryan, and JB ask Woody for a map, and find out that the place where they found the underwater cave is the most narrow area of the dam, and Kaitlin finds out that the guys in the truck where carrying dynamite.

Then the Troopers all go up to the archives, and talk to the Professor, and that's when they figure out what's going on, and go back to the dam.

At the dam the Troopers are, and split up to find the explosives, and the Professor informs them they have 15 minutes to stop the detonation, and Kaitlin runs into some Skugs, and fights them off but then encounters Shoulderbot.

While JB flies around on his fighter bike, and Ryan sees Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers so JB tries to lure them away.

Kaitlin jumps at Shoulderbot who just fires at her with his machine gun, and laser cannon, and then punches, and throws Kaitlin so she calls for help while Air Fighters fire on JB so Ryan looks for the explosives alone.

Kaitlin tries to hurt Shoulderbot with her ray gun but he just grabs the gun out her hands, and break it, and shoots a red laser at Kaitlin, and knocks her off the dam so JB takes the fight to virtual reality where the Air Fighters fire on them so he uses Techno Bazooka.

Ryan then finds the bomb while Shoulderbot fires his machine gun on JB so Kaitlin appears but Shoulderbot fires both of his weapons on both Troopers.

Ryan only has seconds to get rid of the bomb so he gets out of the dam, and throws the bomb, and it explodes harmlessly in the air while Shoulderbot is still firing at JB, and Kaitlin so Kaitlin fires her gun at Shoulderbot, and JB finishes him off with Laser Lance.

While at the virtual dungeon one of the mutants finally says maybe Grimlord's plan wasn't all that good but they won't say who but Grimlord ignores it, and goes back to swearing vengeance on the Troopers.

Later back at the Underground Voice Daily the Troopers are trying to convince Woody to go to the lake when Percy shows up, and pitches the story of the explosives in the dam but Kaitlin already beat him to it, and we get one more comedy bit where Jeb trips Percy.

Zabitan 02/20/15 07:39 PM

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was another good but not great episode since I liked the idea of it but it seemed weird that it took so long for the Troopers to find out that Grimlord was up to something since it seemed like in previous episodes they figured out stuff like that fairly quick.

I liked Shoulderbot's design, and powers.

And I can't think of anything that was cut from the Spielban episode that I wish they left in, and in fact they added stuff again.

Zabitan 02/20/15 11:23 PM

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Small but Mighty written, and directed by Robert Hughes.

So we start off with today’s “My dad taught me” moment where Ryan talks about how when he was a kid he was in a hurry to grow up but now that he's a grown up he sometimes wishes he was a kid again.

Then right outside of Tao dojo Ryan, and JB are fixing up their motorcycles while Kaitlin sits on the steps, and watches, and reminds them that they all have a workout but Ryan, and JB keep fixing their motorcycles.

While at Ziktor industries Ziktor is with a Skug in the form of a delivery man who is working on a device, and needs a test subject, and despite Ziktor's protests he uses Juliet, and the device turns her into a baby lizard, and Ziktor makes him change her back.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and explains his latest evil scheme to use the device to turn the Troopers into children so they will be powerless to stop him.

Later at Tao dojo Ryan, and JB are sparing with Tao while still in their regular clothes, and Tao beats them up, and leaves, and the delivery guy shows up with the strange device, and just as Ryan warns them it could be a trap the device turns them into children, and the delivery man turns into an army of Skugs.

The Skugs try to kick the Troopers but they grab the Skugs by the legs then Ryan grabs one so Kaitlin, and JB can punch it.

Then they flip over the Skugs, and then the Skugs try to keep the Troopers at bay when they try to fight them but the Troopers throw the Skugs into each other, and destroy them.

The Troopers then decide to go to the lab with the machine, and run into Jeb then JB tries to go on his motorcycle but Ryan, and Kaitlin remind him that they're too little now to do that so they take their bicycles but run into Percy.

At the virtual dungeon Grimlord is upset with the Skugs being defeated so he summons Ivar who recommends a brain like mutant named Crainoid to destroy the Troopers.

While Jeb distracts Percy by driving Kaitlin's car causing Percy to ride his bike into some kids' lemonade stand.