Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was Rita supposed to have Bandora's history? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8552)

Bandora's Ghost 01/25/18 05:22 PM

Was Rita supposed to have Bandora's history?

Do you think Rita was originally intended to have a similar backstory to Bandora? I mean before season 2 and 3 gave us Zedd and Vile?

Captain Codfish 01/25/18 05:27 PM

Re: Was Rita supposed to have Bandora's history?

I don't think she ever would have had as dark a history as Bandora. If they stuck with the Zyu3 footage, perhaps a toned down version of Bandora's backstory would have been used.

MattEmily 01/25/18 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandora's Ghost (Post 73267)
Do you think Rita was originally intended to have a similar backstory to Bandora? I mean before season 2 and 3 gave us Zedd and Vile?

probably not there were plans to use Kai but previous scripts that mentioned him just made him seem like a monster that looked human

Zabitan 01/25/18 08:31 PM

On the one hand I think that would be cool but on the other unless one of the writers or producers said it I doubt it.

Then again I also would have liked something similar to the Lionsgate movie.

KimandTommy 01/26/18 05:19 PM

I think Rita was originally just supposed to be an evil witch that wanted to rule the galaxy. I don't think she would have been a former Princess during the dinosuar era. And really wasn't supposed to be from Earth at all.

Lunarwolf Landing 01/26/18 05:20 PM

Its possible that they could have when that route. Wasn't Kai originally going to be included at some point?

MattEmily 01/26/18 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunarwolf Landing (Post 73287)
Its possible that they could have when that route. Wasn't Kai originally going to be included at some point?

yes but as I said scripts that mentioned him all treat him like a typical monster there's nothing to indicate that he would be her son in Power Rangers

A Gia To Remember 01/26/18 11:45 PM

Didn't Kai look like a kid though?

Inner Senshi 01/26/18 11:58 PM

I think Rita is her own character. Even if you are doing a backstory just based on season 1 Rita.

VR Master 01/27/18 12:06 AM

Kai would most definitely have been a monster or a minion. Rita wasn't going to have Bandora's complicated backstory. It didn't fit the story MMPR was trying to tell.