Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Hasbro Potential Power Rangers Owner (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8620)

Captain Codfish 02/17/18 12:30 PM

Re: Hasbro Potential Power Rangers Owner

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, the Hasbro deal is big news. And the paragraph aluding to their option to possible buy Power Rangers down the line is diffinitely interesting. But the brand hasn't been sold yet. And there is no guarantee Hasbro will actually buy.

Green With Envy 02/17/18 12:32 PM

I would be very surprised if Saban actually sells. I think Saban Brands will just work with Hasbro as partners.

Galaxy to Lightspeed 02/17/18 04:35 PM

This would change things more than Hasbro just being the new toyline partner. But I don't think the quality of the series would really change all that much. Since the target audience would be the same. And we are a long way away from the best seasons.

Boston Ranger Guy 02/19/18 11:42 AM

This will probably happen five or ten years down the line. Unless the relationship between Hasbro and Saban doesn't go well. But it seems off to a good start.

Green With Envy 02/19/18 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston Ranger Guy (Post 74777)
This will probably happen five or ten years down the line. Unless the relationship between Hasbro and Saban doesn't go well. But it seems off to a good start.

Relationships can change. Who knows if someone else doesn't outbid Hasbro when the time comes. I am sure the option allows Saban to take a higher offer. I can only see Hasbro having the right to match with a higher offer. But in any case Hasbro hasn't even started its honeymoon period yet.

Sentai Mighty 02/19/18 11:37 PM

If Saban sells the show again, it should only be bought by Toei. That was they can cwncel the series and export pure Super Sentai instead.

Green With Envy 02/19/18 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Mighty (Post 74852)
If Saban sells the show again, it should only be bought by Toei. That was they can cwncel the series and export pure Super Sentai instead.

That would never happen. Toei would try to find a new partner if Saban did sell it to them. Its not happening though.

AlwaysARanger85 02/24/18 11:51 PM

Personally yes hasbro could buy the rights down the road fully. But I don't see Saban selling the right again any time soon. Also we know hasbro is or has worked with nick to on things. So it could stay with nick too. As you really want it to move to discovery kids channel for most cable and satellite providers it's a upper tier package channel. Vs nick which is on most providers basic plans. So I wouldn't see that as a possible move for show. Plus ratings would likely drop more then the 1 to 2 mill we get on nick.

As for toy line. Ya the basic lines likely be ranger figures, villain and monster figures, zords, megazords, morphers, weapons. So that 7 lines right there. Then we likely see any power up modes, vehicles like red bike, then probably some toy exclusive stuff like Bandai has done over the years like bike morph rangers, to etc... stuff.

Kilobyte 02/25/18 03:05 PM

I think Hasbro is now poised to buy the series in a few years

PRFan4Ever 02/26/18 06:15 PM

If they buy the show,I hope they are open to casting fans as Rangers. I know a lot lf fans are like me and want to play Power Rangers on TV and Movies.