Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Are you surprised Power Rangers is still on? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=3452)

PRangerX 04/09/11 03:33 PM

Are you surprised Power Rangers is still on?

When you first starting watching Power Rangers, would you have expected it to go that long?

I don't think I thought it would go quite that long. I know Saban used to say that he thought the show could last ten years. But I was always scared that the show was going to be canceled. Once we got to the cast changing seasons I started to realize that Power Rangers was going to be around for awhile. Its amazing that the show has been around for almost 20 years.

Timefire 04/09/11 04:51 PM

Re: Are you surprised Power Rangers is still on?

Me either. And in fact, I found out it's still on back in 2006. I thought it had stopped in turbo. I was on third class of gymnasium back then, so I wasn't watching anything on weekends, like all friends of my age. We were thinking we are too old for watching kiddish staff. How ironical. At the age of 23 nostalgia made me wanna watch power rangers again and surprisgly I found out the show is still on, has so many seasons and the biggest sock of all, it's a courterpart of a japanesese show, super sentai. After that watched all seasons, posts thousands on posts on old PRE,Rangercrew(still do), Rangerboard, have my own forum in Greece and now keep watching sentai and soon will start watching Kamen Rider as well.

Zabitan 04/09/11 05:01 PM

I was surprised when Lost Galaxy came out because even though I knew about Super Sentai I didn't know how they were gonna continue after In Space.

PRangerX 04/09/11 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 39981)
I was surprised when Lost Galaxy came out because even though I knew about Super Sentai I didn't know how they were gonna continue after In Space.

Same here. I didn't have the net at the time, so I had no inside knowledge. I assumed that C2D was actually the series finalie for Power Rangers.

dragoness1982 05/05/11 02:36 PM

I'm surprised that they don't last more then one season anymore. There were a few that could have gone beyond their premier season. Dino Thunder, SPD, jungle fury, & NS are a few I can think of that could have gone more then one season, they seem so in a hurry to end one & move onto another lately.

Kamen Rider Decade 05/05/11 06:43 PM

Cheaper & more efficient to do new season = new cast.

Digifiend 05/05/11 07:33 PM

Plus they can't make more episodes without Sentai footage - if a season has 40 episodes like Samurai will, they isn't much left over. Zyu2 was very expensive, we won't see that happen ever again.

MMPRGreen 07/03/11 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 39992)
Same here. I didn't have the net at the time, so I had no inside knowledge. I assumed that C2D was actually the series finalie for Power Rangers.

To me it was, prior till Forever Red and Dino Thunder I really couldn't get into the newer seasons, now that I am about 10 years older I can watch them, but they don't mean the same as mmpr thru inspace.

crimsonfireranger 08/19/12 10:30 PM

I am suprise about storyline and rangers after in space

PRangerX 08/26/12 04:52 PM

I think it would be interested to keep going with one Ranger team a few years. Especially now that they are a year or two behind the sentai now and can know how it ends ahead of time. But i dont think this is the route they will go.