Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was the promotion to the movie good enough? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7845)

Movie Ranger 04/14/17 11:01 PM

Was the promotion to the movie good enough?

What did you think of he movie promotion.

PRangerX 04/15/17 07:59 AM

Re: Was the promotion to the movie good enough?

I think it was lacking, especially with the tv spots. There was nothing in those spots that would entice non fans to check out the film. They were just very generic and did nothing to show people that this wasn't a kids movie. There needed to be more elements of the first trailer.

Captain Codfish 04/15/17 07:59 AM

Yeah the promotion was pretty poor overall.

Khan's Wrath 04/15/17 08:01 AM

The promotion was fine. They weren't going to convince a lot of non fans to watch anyway. The movie had the audience it was going to get.

Ninja Steel Ranger 04/17/17 08:41 PM

I think they should have hyped it more during Ninja Steel..

Massive Ego 04/17/17 08:42 PM

The first traIler was great. The second trailer was good. The TV slots were terrible. And I think hurt the movie's box office. That and the show being horrible for so long.

Super Rad 04/17/17 08:44 PM

I think that was a bigger issue. The quality of the show being so bad and driving off older viewers for so long. The promotion was what it was and didn't make a difference either way.

Inner Senshi 04/17/17 08:45 PM

They should have never marketed to adults in the first place. This should have been a kids movie.

Captain Codfish 04/17/17 08:47 PM

Actually the problem was that too many people thought this was just a kids movie. The tv spots didn't do enough to persuade them otherwise. The grounded first trailer wasn't enough.

Die Hard 04/17/17 08:52 PM

The promotion was pretty bad. I didn't even know there was a pr film being made for adults until I came here. I wouldn't have known about the movie until the tv previews if it weren't for finding this place. And I would have thought it was a reboot for kids.

Bandai Guy 04/18/17 01:55 PM

The promotion was fine. I just think this movie was never going to be a break out hit.

Rangerlord 04/18/17 01:59 PM

I think it failed because people didn't want to see yet another reboot.

Ransik Lives 04/20/17 06:53 PM

I think it could have been a lot stronger.

Polly Want A Megazord 04/22/17 12:40 PM

I think they needed more commercials. They should have done a super bowl commercial too.

Omega Black 04/22/17 09:18 PM

I think the promotion was fine. It was as good as it was gonna be. There just wasn't enough or an audience to make this a huge success..

Silverhawk 04/22/17 09:26 PM

There was plenty of promotion ..What were they supposed to do? Give the whole movie away? We just have to face the facts that the audience for he film was limited. Power Rangers isn't Transformers.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 04/24/17 02:30 PM

Seemed like the type of promotion superhero movies tend to get. The real problem is there is too many superhero movies now. Everyone wants a piece of the pie and the market is oversaturated.

Superstatler 04/24/17 02:37 PM

Yeah I don't get the faction of fans complaining about the promotion. There was nothing wrong with it. Its more that it couldn't overcome the stigma some non fans have for PR. Its not that they didn't try.

Hexagon Ranger 04/24/17 09:20 PM

It wasn't bad but it could have been better.

Horror Ranger 05/08/17 08:04 PM

They needed more scary suspenseful trailers.

SPD Emergency 05/08/17 08:06 PM

I don't think people wanted to see a movie version of MMPR. SPD would have made for the best movie.

Super Troopers 05/08/17 08:10 PM

Yeah most of my friends who are lapsed fans weren't lured in by the promotion. I decided to give it a try and really enjoyed it.

Bratty Katty 05/12/17 08:14 AM

The promotion was really bad and made the film look like it was a bad movie. Which is too bad because it turned out to be pretty good.

DanKnight1221 05/22/17 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPD Emergency (Post 66055)
I don't think people wanted to see a movie version of MMPR. SPD would have made for the best movie.

An SPD movie would have done worse because most wouldn't have known what SPD was. The majority of the public doesn't even know the show went on after Morphin.

Power Rangers became a phenomenon as MMPR, if the movie was ever going to work it was as a movie version of MMPR. That was what had the time and previous phenom status to trade in on Nostalga. And while the promotion could have probably done better I think at the end of the day, as good as the movie was, most see Power Rangers as nothing but a silly show from the 90's with people in silly suits fighting rubber beast who knock over cardboard buildings.

Yeah, it is still on today so clearly they did something right, but it didn't have the mass appeal that they hoped it did and had way to goofy or origins to non hardcore fans to be seen as something that could work like Marvel movies do.

Hailey Ziktor 05/23/17 11:20 AM

MMPR was probably the best to go with. I think the previews needed a few extra scenes to entice viewers..

Hexagon Ranger 05/23/17 11:21 AM

Maybe another trailer would have helped?

White Tiger Fan 05/23/17 11:27 AM

I was actually surprised they got so much promotion. I thought it was going to be worse.

Rangerlord 05/23/17 05:59 PM

I think its more that people didn't like it was not in continuity.

White Spandex Rules 05/25/17 11:33 AM

They should have shown more of the scenes with the teens and their problems. Like the first teaser traIler had in it.

Galaxy Supreme 05/28/17 10:43 AM

Its just that enough movie goers weren't excited to see a pr movie. Sometimes it just happens and is really no ones fault.

Gosei Gold 05/28/17 10:50 AM

Thats true, sometimes good movies do bad and become famous later.