View Single Post
Old 11/01/06, 03:34 PM   #1
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo
Default What was up with the Sailor elements?

I was talking about this with my brother the other day. The elements of the Sailor Scouts were extremely varied from the planets their power was supposed to come from.

Mercury's basis is water, yet Mercury is the hottest planet, being so close to the Sun. Mars' power is then fire, yet Mars itself is quite cold. Jupiter's powers already range somewhere between thunder and wood, yet neither originate on the actual planet Jupiter. And Uranus' power is ground or rock or something, while Uranus is actually one of the more watery planets in our solar system.

Then there's the fact that both Mercury and Neptune intercede with the water element, so the way I thought it out, couldn't the powers have been more varied? Some of the ideas were brilliant, like Venus having love as her weapon, since the Roman goddess of love was Venus. And Pluto and Saturn's powers don't hail from elements at all, so it's not like they were tied down to anything basis-wise.

In the end it doesn't bother me, but couldn't it have been done more creatively somehow?
PrimoPiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote