View Single Post
Old 02/27/15, 12:23 AM   #102
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts.

I'll start by saying that I stand by what I said about this being my favorite episode of Season One.

It's not my favorite episode of the show itself that would be Quest for Power but that's in Season Two

I love how we finally learn what happened to Ryan's father.

I liked how it started out like a regular episode until the big revelation that Dark Heart was Ryan's father.

I liked the interaction between Ryan and his father both as David Carr as Tyler Steele, and as Richard Epcar dubbing footage of Top Gunder from Metalder since it was nice to see Ryan being reunited with his father.

I also thought Dark Heart was a cool character with his design, and his laser rifle, I liked how he was almost a Fourth Trooper in a sense.

It also more or less captured everything I liked about VR Troopers, and how it adapted the Metal Hero shows.

The reason is, and I'm going to give spoilers for both Spielban, and Metalder here but long story short in Metalder Dark Heart's counterpart Top Gunder was just a regular MOTD who's life Metalder spared, and later became a good guy himself.

In fact it wasn't all just one great big multi part episode like it was here there was just the episode where Top Gunder was the MOTD then he made various brief appearances in various episodes, and then he showed up in the final story arc, and they just cobbled the parts where Top Finder showed up in.

The thing is too that was actually a very common plot in Metalder in fact Top Gunder wasn't even the first time that happened in Metalder that honor goes to Ben K who became our Hammerbot who I previously talked about in Grimlord's Challenge, and Save the Trees.

Though there was a sub plot later in the show where Metalder's human friend's father was brainwashed into becoming a bad guy but that got turned into Who's King of the Mountain so I'll until then to talk about it.

Also in Spielban Dr. Bio who became our Col Icebot who ironically was also voiced by Richard Epcar
turned out to really be Spielban's father who was brainwashed, and transformed into a bad guy.

I also liked Percy's sub plot of him trying to get pictures of the Troopers, and the mutants.

I also thought a lot of stuff like Grimlord sarcastically thanking his mutants for Ryan, and Dark Heart's bonding moment at the end of part two, and pointing out that his mutants can't seem to catch an Ice cream truck with a flat tire.

Now was it perfect?

Not really but even then a lot of it is nitpicks.

JB, and Kaitlin spend whole episodes untransformed.

The stuff with JB, Kaitlin, and Percy being trapped in Grimlord's dungeon, and the comedy bit with Percy in the tree, the Skug battle in part two and two of the parts where Percy is running through Grimlord's dungeon all feel like they could have been removed without hurting anything.

Other than that definitely a must see.
Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote