Thread: Ranger Powers
View Single Post
Old 09/03/12, 05:01 PM   #6
tgif1345
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Ranger Powers

So there doesn't seem to be an instant where a Ranger's powers were gone for good, without hope of bringing them back. I just thought of something that I hadn't thought of before. In 'Ninja Quest' Part 2, Billy explains to the Rangers that the Command Center's power core had been destroyed, therefore preventing Zordon and Alpha from restoring the Zords. So, what if, the Command Center's power core was actually where the power coins drew their powers from? At least in the case of the original six or seven (counting the Dragon and Tiger power coins) power coins. It would make sense.

I mean, Tommy lost most of his powers, and gave whatever he had left to Jason, along with his power coin, the Dragon Dagger, and the Dragonzord. But then, he came back, with a power boost from Zordon. Except for that initial boost of power, Tommy recharged his powers from the Command Center's power core, instead of Zordon's own energies. He used up whatever he had left, and once again lost his powers. But, the coin was still intact, so given the right circumstances, it could be permanently recharged, but Zordon just didn't know how. Rita or the Wizard of Deception might've since there was no mention of Tommy's clone having temporary powers like Tommy had during his second tenure as the Green Ranger.

So, if the power coins were still intact, then it stands to reason that the original Dino powers could've been restored once the Command Center was up and running, but since the Rangers couldn't wait that long, they had to go find Ninjor and get the Ninja power coins from him. Which is why Jason was able to morph into the Red Ranger in Forever Red. Sure the Command Center/Power Chamber was destroyed, but, if the Zeo Power Chamber (located, according to a diagram of the Power Chamber in a comic book, beneath the Command Center) was still operational then the power core that ran the Command Center, could still be active.

Am I making any sense here?
tgif1345 is offline   Reply With Quote