View Single Post
Old 11/01/16, 02:02 AM   #12
Spoony Spoonerson
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Season 3 Ninja Suits Theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
3, this is half right, as it saved money on paying the actors to do their stunts and action scenes which had become a bit of an expense at that point. But it was still all original footage, which was expensive to make though it turns out that it's super easy to cheap out on paying people who's faces aren't on screen, especially if they work mainly stunts.
I don't mean to sound facetious, but what's "half-right" about point 3? I literally covered the same topics you did: it saved money on not having to pay the cast to be there, and it was cheaper with stunt guys. So why am I only half right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh Primo View Post
I thought the in-universe reason was simple, that they couldn't fight Tengas unmorphed.

Granted, they could just morph, but why not play with your cool toys if you can? It was no different than the civilian powers of the Disney years which also would have been useless if the Rangers had just morphed first.
The Disney civilian powers were definitely a move away from violence and martial arts. Sometimes the in-universe explanations for their powers was better than others, but it's no coincidence nearly every Disney season had them.
Spoony Spoonerson is offline   Reply With Quote