View Single Post
Old 12/29/14, 07:31 AM   #5
c_dude
Putty Patroller

Default Re: The gap between Zeo and TAPRM - your headcanon?

Regarding Jason, I always figured that he left town after Zeo. He spent a couple of years at a peace conference in Switzerland with two of his oldest/closest friends (Zack and Trini), and then came home and spent some more time as a Ranger again with two more of his closest/oldest friends (Billy, as well as Tommy fits under closest, if not oldest). Once he lost the Gold Ranger powers, it was probably hard for him to remain in town powerless while te Rangers continued to battle, so he left town and went to Florida to spend time with the only one of is oldest/closest friends that he hadn't seen in years: Kimberly.

To me, it makes sense, having to get away, but reconnecting with a close friend whom he hadn't seen in years. That would also explain why he returned to Angel Grove WITH KImberly in the movie. After all, she did say that "WE came back to help out with the shelter", meaning they both returned to town. Just for the record though, I am one of those who does not buy the Jason/Kimberly "romance" that some people seem to imply. I see them more as a brother/sister type relationship (and not in the way Kimberly said that Tommy was "like a brother" in her letter... that just made NO sense lol!), which makes sense for Jason to want to reconnect with someone who is like a sister to him.
c_dude is offline   Reply With Quote