View Single Post
Old 01/16/18, 04:28 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Sentai Questions

Quote:
1 - What are the characters referred to as? I mean, in english, we can refer to each team as the Power Rangers, but what are they collectively known as in Japan? Would they be called 'the sentai', seeing as sentai means 'Task Force'? Hence, you would be saying 'Look, it's the task force!'.
if I recall correctly they're just referred to as Super Sentai.

Quote:
2 - Have there ever been any connections between the different sentai series, besides the occaisonal crossover movies? Where can I download them from, by the way, if anywhere?

3 - Have any of the various sentai/tokutatsu (sp?) series ever been released
subbed/dubbed into english?
2. no and due to our rules we can't tell you where to download them and most sources will end up removing their files if an official release is on the way.

3. Yes. Fan subs are very common but official subs weren't common until Shout! Factory started releasing them as of Zyuranger a few years ago so far they've released Zyuranger, Dairanger, Kakuranger, Ohranger, Carranger and Megaranger. Gingaman will be out in a couple weeks and GoGoV is scheduled for release within the next few months.

Quote:
4 - If sentai means 'task force', and I know VR-T's source material is
excluded as it came from two (three?) different MetalHero series, was
BBBB/BBM based on a sentai, or would its source series have come under
another genre(MetalHero/Tokutatsu)?
No it doesn't come from Sentai it comes from Metal Heroes just like VR-T did.

Quote:
5 - If the Titanium Ranger in PRLR is an American creation, does that mean he won't pilot a Zord? Or will Saban just film new cockpit sequences for one of the GoGoV Mechs and say it's his/her Zord? I know that any answers to this question will have to be guess work at the moment, but stil...

6 - Finally, was there a 6th Ranger, not counting Magna Defender, in PRLG?
5. you already know the answer to this.
6. no there wasn't. Magna Defender was considered to be their 6th member.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote