View Single Post
Old 10/08/14, 08:26 PM   #38
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Power Rangers Alternate History

I saw some of these over at rangerboard so I thought I'd put it here since it would technically be viewed as alternate history.

Quote:
- What if Jason, Zack, Trini never left?
What if Billy had stayed on for the Turbo season and Zordon left the mantle to Billy
What if Billy was the Phantom Ranger?
What if only Tommy + Kat left in Turbo and Adam + Tanya stayed, while only Carlos + Ashley joined?
What if Jason and Kimberly returned for Turbo?
What if Kat was in Dino Thunder instead of Hayley?
1. Not much would have changed if Zack, Trini and Jason never left although some of the stories probably wouldn't be there such as the fiery one or the one with the Pachinko Machine placing a fun spell on Red.
Obviously there'd be no need to go to the Deserted Planet.
2. There would be no need for Dimitria to come by but Zordon probably would have still had Alpha 6 come by.
3. There wouldn't have been much of a change except for a change in the stories.
4. That's a good question with Jason and Kim and I'm not sure there.
5. They would have needed to change Kat into a genius so that there would be a reason for why the Morphers are there since Hayley was the one that made the Morphers and a lot of the other gear.

Quote:
What if Billy was the Phantom Ranger?
I would prefer it being someone else but regardless of that I actually think this would be an interesting idea since they could use Billy's need to rehydrate with the Aquitar water as a reason for why he's wearing the Phantom suit off of Aquitar.

Quote:
What if Doomsday part 2 had been the season finale and the show decided to pull a Sentai early and do the annual cast and story change in 1994?
I can see Doomsday ending similar to how Zyuranger ended, with the Rangers defeating Cyclopsis, destroying Lokar and capturing Rita and her minions inside an urn.
Dairanger starts off as the next season but likely with none of the human villains because there were at least 4 human villains instead of Zyuranger's 2 human villains.

Quote:
What if Tommy replaced Jason as Red Ranger (with Dragon Shield)?
How would Dairanger have been adapted if Doomsday was the end of MMPR?
How would Kakuranger have been adapted? What with the 60's Batman effects.
I really don't see a whole lot of change with Tommy becoming the Red Ranger after he lost his powers and there's some convenient excuse with Jason leaving at the same time. Some of the plots would change however since the Slippery Shark spell would have to be changed or altered somehow.

I think Lord Zedd would still be there for Dairanger but he would have no connection to the previous season even though he has Putties of his own. I can see them trying to not pay a whole lot of attention to the mythical elements of the Dairanger series.

In the case of Kakuranger, they would likely use Master Vile as the main leader kind of like Dark Specter but Rito would be in an Astronema-type of role. It would otherwise remain pretty much exactly the same as Kakuranger and they wouldn't try to hide it ninja theme.

Quote:
What if Disney never came into the picture?.
I'm not sure with everything but I can see the Triassic Ranger actually becoming a 6th Ranger instead of just the 2nd power-up for the Red Ranger.

Quote:
How would Lost Galaxy have went had Valerie not developed leukemia. Or if Patricia hadn't left over the billing dispute.
In the case of the first one, I can't really say much changing except there being more hints towards Leo and Kendrix having a relationship.
In the case of Patricia, I can't see much changing there except there wouldn't be the "GalactaBeast, over here" summon joke.
Also in both cases there would need to be another introduction for the Red Armored Power Ranger.

Quote:
what if either Season Two, Zeo, or In Space got a movie?
I'm not sure with Season 2.
Zeo would probably have a movie that lead into the Turbo Movie meaning it would explain the departure of the Zeo powers and arsenal.

Space would explain a lot about the various continuity errors such as Darkonda losing so many of his 9 lives even though we didn't even see all of them.

Quote:
What if Disney had the same care for Power Ranger as Saban?
What if Saban now had the same care for Power Ranger as Saban then?
1. There wouldn't be RPM as we knew it since if Disney actually cared about the show then they likely wouldn't have allowed something so dark.
There wouldn't be as many original fights and no Koichiplosions.
2. In the case of Saban, hard to say but Samurai probably would have still been a stinker since Shinkenger was heavy on Japanese elements. I could see them putting more care into Megaforce and especially Super Megaforce which also meant no Dairanger Morphs, no pre-Zyu morphs and a better Legendary Battle.

Quote:
What if Jason had gotten the green candle?
then Tommy would still be the Green Ranger but once Zedd came around he would have found a way to get rid of him.

Quote:
What if Lothor had defeated Mesogog when they fought
Mesogog would have been destroyed and Lothor would have taken over but whether he would be using the island fortress or not is something that I can't really say but it's possible that he would have or it's possible that Lothor could have merged himself with Mesogog.

Quote:
What if they combined all of Tommy's Morphers and Powers into one Coin?
That would be an almighty Super duper Ultra mega powerful Power Coin.

Quote:
What if hybrid seasons never existed?
Samurai and Super Samurai would have still existed, it would have just been known as Samurai.

Megaforce would actually be a proper 40 episodes and the same with Super Megaforce and the Megaforce Rangers wouldn't also be the Super Megaforce Rangers and they would both probably have different names.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote