View Single Post
Old 01/07/18, 05:20 PM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Theory on evil rangers powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
That said, in season two of MMPR, Zedd specifies that the Morphing Grid is maintained by the struggle between Zordon and himself. Given later developments, one can only assume that this was a more immediately relevant and/or egotistical way of stating that it was maintained by the struggle between good and evil. Whether this means that the Grid itself has a moral affiliation with both good and evil, or that it is an amoral entity that is designed to cease existing if one side or the other ever wins, is somewhat ambiguous.
I prefer going with the theory that the grid powers both sides and it's more of a neutral balance or entity if you will and I do think it would collapse if either side is truly ever gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
Most evil rangers you listed are just copy cat powers. Mirrored versions made by a specific monster or device by the bad guys. They don't actually morph, they're just in the shape of a "bad" version of the good guy. Even the "Dark Rangers" are just a variation of the good rangers made by a special artifact and a spell, not something they morph into on their own.

The Psycho Rangers are specifically monsters turned into ranger suits, they don't morph or draw on an external power source.

The only actual morphing rangers of evil alignment were A Squad, and they had their own morphers that were used for both good and bad, tapping into the same power source both times. Meaning it'd be all the same grid regardless.
not all evil Rangers are just copies. The Badges of Darkness acted as Morphers for Putties to morph into Rangers but I do agree that it'd be the same grid regardless of whether one is evil or not. Tommy would've been linked to the same grid regardless of whether he was fighting for Rita or Zordon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritroniuity View Post
To me, the powers are not good or evil by themselves (with a couple of exceptions), so I do not believe that there is a good side of the grid or a bad side. What is good or bad are the users of the powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonan View Post
I always assumed the Morphing Grid was neutral. It would be kind of cool to see what would happen if an evil person could access to it.
I agree the powers are not good or evil by themselves it's the owners of them who cause them to be good or bad well except for the White Dino Gem since that was a corrupted gem even Elsa herself called it evil.
I do think the grid is neutral in the grand scheme of things since I don't believe it picks sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Stop George it’s not funny anymore
you're not either so I wouldn't complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMystechRanger View Post
The Psychos did not get their powers from the grid.

They were created using Dark Spectre's life force and were a ploy by Astronema to weaken him.
we don't know if they came from the grid or not what we do know however is that their powers came from Dark Specter and as far as we know of his powers could come from the grid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
So if this is a theory, what are some evidence from the show that supports this?

Or is this more considered head canon? I honestly can't tell the difference between the two. Or does it not matter and constitutes toward the same thing?
it's just a theory and really the only supported evidence we have is in the Primator ep when Lord Zedd mentions that the grid's balance is maintained between the constant struggle between him and Zordon now as we know by now he wasn't telling the whole truth since he's purified and Zordon is dead and the grid is still active so I think he was more saying that the grid is maintained due to the constant struggle between good and evil.

[QUOTE=-LunarWolf-;72211]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy3434 View Post
Except in the entire series up to this point, only one group fueled by this supposed "Dark Side" has proven capable of fighting on the level of a normal Ranger team: the Psychos. The others have gone down like so many bitches./QUOTE]

Not quite true, the shadow rangers' existence from Wild Force was tied to the monster that created them, and only from his destruction did they disappear. They had the advantage for the most part.

Another thing to note (although this crosses the PR/SS line) is that in Gaoranger vs Hurricanger, the villains were able to steal gao's morphers and transform no problem, even though those powers were entrusted by the gao animals.
Lunar is right about Onikage's Ninjas and while I don't quite recall Gaoranger vs Hurricanger it's irrelevant since it didn't make it to Power Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalineRush View Post
The Cyborg Rangers were originally good before Strikning threw a lightning attack that caused them to malfunction and go on a rampage, which eventually led to the Lightspeed Rangers returning and to take their replacements down before defeating Strikning with the Lightspeed Megazord Saber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh Primo View Post
They also didn't morph, thus rendering use of the Morphin Grid moot.
whether they morph or not doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
We do know. Mirror/Dark/Shadow and any kind of copycat monster rangers are just that, copies. They don't summon a morphed form, they're made as is. That is the way it works in the story.

Psycho Rangers also don't morph, we saw how they have their powers and forms and where it all comes from.

Cyborg Rangers were robots, the whole point was they didn't have to morph or be civilians at all.
the Mutant Rangers lead by Crayfish weren't copies so no you'd be wrong. Yes the Cyborg Rangers were just robots so they didn't have to morph but how can we say they didn't access the grid? The weapons would've been part of the grid same with the zords and as far as we know of any being who uses magical energies could access the grid.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote