View Single Post
Old 05/29/08, 05:10 PM   #20
DaiOzzyTM
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
DinoThunder is a well loved season. Ninja Storm had its detractors but also had its fans. The Disney seasons that are meant with disdain seem to be SPD-OO ( JF is still on going). Basically the Kalish era ( whether its fair to blame him or not). Obviously there are fans that like the whole Disney era too. As its all very subjective.

I don't hate the Disney era. I think certian things could be done better. They slave too much to the Sentai plots instead of trying to tell there own story. One thing about NS and DT, was that they tried to tell there own stories. Ever since Doug and Ann left that hasn't been the case as much. I really liked Mystic Force but the basic plot was actually taken from Sentai. To be fair, Saban Entertianment relyed on Sentai heavily the last four or five years (I loved Time Force, but it was heavily based on Timeranger). Thats not to say that you can't adapt a really good sentai closely. Its just not the way you should automatically produce PR.

I can still enjoy PR as a fan. But I think there is a certain staleness now. there just feels like there is something missing. I think the whole formula they use now has become worn out. And is too predictable. The characters are too interchangeable from year to year. And everything ends up being disjionted since they go out of the Sentai footage causes them to change plans. PR's always had this problem. But there was a time when PR did its best to adapt the Sentai footage to its own story.

As for OO, there were certianly elements to it that I enjoyed as a fan. I really liked the robot Mack arch. I really liked how they handled the rift between Hartford and Mack. It was a bueatiful momments when Mack learned that his father truely loved him as a real son.

I think the jewel plot was interesting. I think at times OO suffered from being a pretty aim low series ( which actually is better then aiming high and dropping the ball). The finalie was a bit underwhelming. When you think about how the Corona Aurora was supposed to be this powerful aritifact and Mack was able to defeat Flurious like a Monster of the day. I would say OO was average.
I can understand that and is probably one the most forgiving i been to a disney disliker, i think disney series are fresh new and modern, saban did get bit old dunt get me wrong TF was fantastic but alot like LR got abit samey
DaiOzzyTM is offline   Reply With Quote