View Single Post
Old 11/16/14, 11:52 AM   #2
Charles RB
Putty Patroller

It's horrific. I've been watching ToQger and it pees all over Megaforce from a great height - but worse, I watched the Power Of Six episode and that peed all over Megaforce from a great height and it was Megaforce! There was characterisation and a human plot that made sense & fitted the action and there were jokes that were actually funny and the acting seemed less flat somehow, but this was the outlier. (Were all Jason Smith's eps like this?) This means Megaforce not only could have been better, it actually was at least once. Why wasn't it always like that?

People disliked Overdrive but I like most of the Overdrive cast & they all felt like distinct characters. Much of the Megaforce Ranger dialogue feels interchangeable (except in Power Of Six).

Then there's the odd thing of having so few returning cast members in an anniversary series, which IIRC from RangerCats podcast is down to Tzachor not being interested in doing it. Most of the Kiwi and Aussie actors could come back for an episode, you could strategically fly out US actors who are willing from time to time... even on the cheap, it seems doable. Eleven actors flew to NZ for the final episode, is there anything that stopped half of them being flown in for earlier episodes and just having less veterans for the final ep? (But if you film an extra scene of them fighting an X-Borg when they are down, voila! Suddenly they ARE all in the final ep!) Would it be that much more expensive?

Then there's the odd thing of having so few returning cast members in an anniversary series, which IIRC from RangerCats podcast is down to Tzachor not being interested in doing it. Most of the Kiwi and Aussie actors could come back for an episode, you could strategically fly out US actors who are willing from time to time... even on the cheap, it seems doable. Eleven actors flew to NZ for the final episode, is there anything that stopped half of them being flown in for earlier episodes and just having less veterans for the final ep? (But if you film an extra scene of them fighting an X-Borg when they are down, voila! Suddenly they ARE all in the final ep!) Would it be that much more expensive?
Charles RB is offline   Reply With Quote