View Single Post
Old 01/22/15, 01:19 PM   #4
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: The New Dub - General Consensus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dic Dubber View Post
I can't get into it. Its nothing like the DIC dub. I miss those bgms and voices. The sounds of the characters are all off. At least Cloverway kept much of the cast from the DIC dub.
I haven't seen a lot of the new dub since it's only available on Hulu Plus at the moment but I can say I don't like Usagi or Luna's voices.

Now in the case of the Cloverway dub that would actually be incorrect. Most of the Sailor Soldiers got replaced.

Serena/Sailor Moon = She's had 3 different actresses the only character in the Sailor Moon dub that has had more than 2 actresses. The second one; Terri Hawkes was unable to return due to being pregnant.
Amy/Sailor Mercury = Karen Bernstein was only there for the DiC dub she elected to not return for the Cloverway dubs.
Mina/Venus = Stephanie Morgenstern was only her voice during the DiC dub.
Raye/Mars = Katie Griffin was only there for the DiC dub.
Lita/Jupiter = Susan Roman remained her voice throughout the whole time between DiC and Cloverway dubs.
Rini = Tracey Hot was only there for the DiC dub.
Sailor Pluto = She had 2 actresses as well, 1 for the DiC dub and 1 for the Cloverway dub.

so as you can see none of the main cast except for Lita/Sailor Jupiter, Luna and Artemis had kept the same actors/actresses.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote