View Single Post
Old 02/17/08, 05:07 AM   #13
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

True, they'd wonder about the name. But, you make Moon the leader, and people would wonder why. She has no qualities of a leader and was never leader in anything, even the anime. They just kind of glossed over any leadership roles all together in the anime.

PRX, I can give credit where credit is due, and say, yes, Sailor Moon's dub did pave the way for anime in the US. I've said that many times myself in the past. But, that said, that doesn't mean that the dub need be referenced in any way in a movie. There's a difference between respecting what it did for anime, and respecting what it is. I can respect what it did, and hate what it is.

Hollywood may do love stories like Usagi and Mamoru all the time, but, when you consider that they have to fit Usagi and Mamoru's love story, the Senshi's developement, and the escalating conflict with Beryl and the Shittenou. Add in the backstory, if they feel they can fit it, and it's getting way too crowded for a single movie deal. Like I said in my suggestion, they don't have to have them fall in love in one movie. It can be set up, and left to develop later. I mean, if you think about it, any development of their love story will be pretty much moot, as it'll be erased at the end of the film, unless that would be something they changed.

Chris
christphern is offline   Reply With Quote