View Single Post
Old 02/15/08, 09:24 PM   #7
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by christphern View Post
I actually had an idea for doing a Sailor Moon movie, that I think would work quite well for the constraints of time, and while doing it's own thing would have throwbacks to the Sailor Moon anime, manga, and live action series.

I won't go into too much detail, as I don't want a really long post to detail all of my ideas.

Anyway, my idea basically started off with Sailor V fighting Youma in London, ala the anime. The film would kick off with her and Jadeite fighting. Upon defeating him, with his dying breath, he scathingly declares her efforts futile, as a plan to destroy the other senshi is already in motion.

Anyway, long story short, the movie would basically be a rehash of the first season, condensed into 2 hours. It'd be different enough to stand on it's own, but similar enough to pay homage to the source material. Minako would be there from the start, sort of working in the background to track down all of the senshi by tracking Youma activity in Tokyo. Also, like the live action series and the manga, Venus would be the leader of the senshi, instead of Moon.

A lot of changes would have to be made, and pretty much all of the Youma, sans a few, would need to be dropped, as there's simply too much ground to cover in far too little time. The other senshi's joining may also have needed condensed into a montage in order to fit them all in. Moon, obviously, would have to be the exception, but the other 3 could be compressed into a montage, and then cover their characters and interactions with the group afterward, as the movie would build toward the climactic battle with Beryl.

Anyway, just how I would do it. Obviously, the other seasons would be saved for any potential sequals. As for Haruka and Michiru, if they can get away with having Marissa and Alex on the OC, and all the subtext in kids shows like Kim Possible (Kim and Shego's verbal sparring is flirting, no matter how you look at it), then I think they can get away with Haruka and Michiru. As was said, they never explicitly stated they were lesbians (though, contrary to the above posts, I have read that Takeuchi-san confirmed this). So, a bit of hand holding, maybe them touching more than necessary, whatever, I think it wouldn't be a problem. They never have to say it. Besides, us true Moonies know the truth.

And, while my stance isn't quite as violent as the above poster's, no respect to anything the dub did. The dub is evil, and should be ignored at all costs. It's not Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. It's the cheap nock-off.

Chris
The dub is the gateway into the subs. No one in North America would know what Sailor Moon was if it weren't for the dub. The dub was neccessary for Sailor Moon to exist as a franchise in the US. The dub did produce some good battle songs, as superficial as that sounds.

In a movie, they should have the Sailor Soldiers already formed. Have Moon be the last to join, during the movie. That way you don't have to rush the others jioning. And if a movie franchise was a a success, their orgin stories could be explained later.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote