Thread: Legacy Toys
View Single Post
Old 10/12/14, 12:02 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Legacy Toys

I saw this post over at rangerboard and I was wondering what you thought about it.

Quote:
As far as weapons and zords, I think the best road map for those would be:

MMPR:

- Legacy Thunder Megazord (Spring 2015)

- Legacy Saba (Silver Plated - SDCC 2015 Exclusive)

- Legacy Ninja Megazord (Fall 2015)

- Legacy Falconzord (Fall 2015)

- Legacy Shogun Megazord (TBD 2016)

- Legacy Blade Blaster (TBD - 2016/2017)

PRZ:

- Legacy Zeo Megazord (Spring 2016)

- Legacy Zeonizer (Spring 2016)

- Legacy Zeonizer - Gold Ranger Edition (24K Plated - SDCC 2016 Exclusive)

- Legacy Golden Power Staff (Fall 2016)

PRT:

- Legacy Turbo Megazord (Spring 2017)

- Legacy Turbo Morpher (Spring 2017)

PRIS:

- Legacy Astro Megazord (Fall 2017)

- Legacy Astro Morpher (Fall 2017)

Honestly... after those, I would be done with the Legacy line if I were Bandai.
That is a heck of a lot of releases, spread out over a few years, and
takes the Legacy line right up through the end of the Zordon era.

Things like Super Zeo, Pyramidas, Artillatron, Rescue Megazord, Robo Racer,
Mega Winger, etc. are just too niche for the Legacy Line after MMPR.

The only other thing I would love to see for the Legacy line would be
full teams packaged just like this, using the Legacy 5" figure bodies as a base (PRZ, PRT, PRIS):
I personally disagree with some of the things the user said.

I can see such a road map happening but I don't expect Bandai to quit the line as long as they're making money on it.
I disagree with the person saying they shouldn't make Legacy versions for Super Zeo Megazord, Pyramidas, Artillatron, Rescue Megazord and Mega Winger.
Robo Racer would be a nice one to have but it's not a mandatory Legacy zord version like the others would be.
I can see them releasing a repainted Saba for exclusive purposes but I personally can't see them releasing the Gold Zeonizer again since this Legacy line is just for the hardcore collectors meaning most of us adult fans and I'm sure Bandai is well aware of the fact that we prefer to only collect things that were actually in the show and as we all know Trey never had a Zeonizer and neither did Jason when he had Trey's powers.

I also don't see the Legacy Blade Blaster coming out... I personally think any chance of one coming out is over. Now the Legacy Power Cannon on the other hand... that has a chance of coming out. I don't expect to see the Legacy Power Blaster either although it'd be nice but I do think that has a small chance of coming out as well.

I personally don't care about the action figures so I really don't care if they release Legacy figures of them or not. The only figures I might get would be figures for the villains but otherwise I wouldn't buy them.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote