View Single Post
Old 09/14/11, 08:32 PM   #4
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: two season pitch for 2012 and 2013 of power rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberert12134124 View Post
Okay I see maybe ill try that in the near future but few doubts:
1. is there some other writers who gains success without getting an agent or as a professional writer?(Even though i thought i was a professional writer.)
2.Can you send everyone to come to my forum and ask if my stories are great or not and vote their opnions in my poll?
3.Since you choose that 4th choice how am i going to make everyone like one or both of my stories can you give me some advice?
1. Not in this era. Amit Bhaumik is a PR fan that ended up writing for the show. But he had connections and went to film school. He may have even had an agent.

What have you done to make yourself think that you are a professional writer? That isn't an insult or me mocking you in anyway. I just want to know what you have for qualifications.

By definition a professional writer writes for a living. Fan Fic writers aren't considered professional writers. It doesn't mean that they aren't good though.

2. Post the link to you're forum here and people can go if they want. You may post something in the ad forum and/or fan fic section as well.

3. Well if you are serious about pitching this to Saban Brands, you don't need to impress us. And quite frankly I wouldn't post it on message boards.

Now if you just want to write a fan fic? My advice is to make an outline ( which you seem to already have done) and revise it. Then do a first draft of you're first episode and revise. And repeat with you;re other stories. Find a fan to peer edit if you really want feedback. Posting about this in the fan fic sections of the bigger boards might evoke a better response then posting in the general PR section of Rangerboard.

Also, don't beg for feedback. It just turns people off. I've learned this the hard way. I wish you luck.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote