View Single Post
Old 06/03/15, 07:51 PM   #5
Mr. CD
Ranger In Training

Default Re: Your fandom history

I found out about the online PR fandom between the off-season of DT and SPD. I joined back in mid-SPD. I was *this* close to almost choosing RangerTalk as my first PR board but eventually pick RangerBoard. What motivated me to join was when Dismissed had aired and I was reading a theory tying in SPD's foundation with the events of C2D and I was just amazed by the amount of thought fans were putting into the show and I wanted to be a part of that.

I stuck with RangerBoard until the end of Mystic Force when I started floating around to the other members of then Big 3: RangerTalk and Power Rangers Empire. I also lurked Henshin Justice Unlimited. I mostly hung out on RT and PRE because I felt those sites had a much more relax atmosphere to them compared to RB (This was during the Kalish era, not a good time to be joining the PR fandom). I also joined some of the lesser PR forums at the time (You know, the ones on Invisionfree, usually only had 3 members online at a time, 5 if you're lucky), but RT and PRE were my main hangout points.

It was towards the end of Operation Overdrive that word broke out about this new PR forum called RangerCast, different from the podcast Rangercast, which is a good thing it did because it was around this time PRE and RT were going downhill. PRE would keep dying and coming back, dying and coming back, dying and coming back so many times it was ridiculous. With RT, you could kinda see the rot starting to appear with how lax the moderation was on the site. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the board owner decided to reboot the entire site, removing all the threads and posts on there, without telling ~anybody~. Not even the site's mods even knew about it.

His reason being was because there was a argument going on in one thread that made him want a clean start. But, we rebuit all of our old work and just when we finally settled in, the board owner restarted the site again. And this kept going on, restarting the site over and over again. Trying to give it a different name, a different focus, devoting to a different franchise. Each reboot an attempt to rebuild RangerTalk back it's former glory, but only resulted in causing the site's memberbase to leave in droves and go to RangerBoard and the renamed RangerCrew.

I lurk the site occasionally, and while I do agree it's in better hands, the previous owner's actions basically hurt it in a way it never recovered from and now it's a shell of it's former self.

Since then, I've made RangerCrew my home, but I was invited to check this place out.
Mr. CD is offline   Reply With Quote