Thread: Ranger Powers
View Single Post
Old 09/03/12, 05:01 PM   #4
tgif1345
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Ranger Powers

That's what I thought, though with Samurai, with the powers being passed down from parent to child over a period of what was probably a few centuries, the Samurai Folding Zords could be the source of their powers. My reasoning for this is that the Rangers carry their Zords in their pockets, in shape mode, and all six Rangers all had a Zord prior to them being given their morphers, so they already had their powers, they just couldn't channel them through the Morphing Grid to become the Power Rangers until they had their morphers.

What about the status of the Morphing Grid? Were any Ranger powers lost permanently when the Rangers were stripped of them? I mean, even after Tommy had lost the Green Ranger powers and became the White Ranger, the Wizard of Deception was still able to give Tommy's clone the Dragon coin and permanent Green Ranger powers, despite the earlier loss of them. And as I mentioned before both Jason and Adam's Tyrannosaurus and Mastodon power coins were restored to full power in Forever Red and Once a Ranger, despite the destruction of the Thunderzords way back in Mighty Morphin Season 3, and the charred and scratched look of Adam's Power Morpher and Mastodon power coin in PRIS.

And of course the other examples I mentioned too like TJ and Justin's Turbo powers being restored in PRIS and Forever Red, the Ninja Storm Rangers' powers being restored in Dino Thunder, Tori's Blue Wind Ranger powers being restored in Once a Ranger, the Dino Rangers' powers being restored in SPD, and Kira's Yellow Ranger powers being restored in Once a Ranger.

I saw the end of Wild Force, and Master Org did destroy the Wild Zords, stripping the Rangers of their powers, but their determination to protect the Earth somehow restored the Zords and the Rangers' powers, and awakened like a hundred or more previously unseen Wild Zords.

But, personally, and this is just a theory I have. With the Rangers' powers, as well as the power used by the Zords during battle, are each drawn from the Morphing Grid. As we saw in MMPR Season 3 with the Thunderzords, if a set of Zords are destroyed, and if they were using a significant amount of energy, then there would be a lot of energy suddenly out of place. The only logical thing would be that the energy would travel back to it's point of origin, causing a cascade effect that could, potentially, if enough energy was being transferred back along the line, destroy the portion of the Morphing Grid that that particular Ranger team was using, therefore stripping them of their powers, and their base of operations, if it was also connected to the Morphing Grid as the Command Center seemed to be.

So, if that's the case, then when the Dinozords were destroyed by Lord Zedd, and Zordon transferred their connection to the Morphing Grid to the new Thunderzords, then the Rangers' powers were saved. Zordon was prepared for that. But, since the attack by Rito and the monsters was unsuspected, Zordon couldn't prepare for the destruction of the Thunderzords as he had for the destruction of the Dinozords.

Any thoughts on my theories, or any other theories on this? It's something that's interested me since I saw Ninja Quest Part 1.
tgif1345 is offline   Reply With Quote