Power Ranger Online Message Board  

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion > Sailor Moon Kingdom

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/15/14, 10:32 PM   #1
B-Kun
Putty Patroller

Default Crystal and Later Archs

I REALLY hope Crystal covers the later arcs past Black Moon. There were some awesome scenes and concepts that the anime didn't get into.
B-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:33 PM   #2
mythranger2
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Crystal and Later Archs

Such as? Asking because unfortunately I’ve never read the mang
mythranger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:41 PM   #3
B-Kun
Putty Patroller

I don't wanna spoil it, but as said earlier, several arcs go in radically different directions between the anime and manga. The Dream arc is much less squicky and has more of an impending doom feel than SuperS, for example.
B-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:42 PM   #4
Primal Slayer
Putty Patroller

I for one hope that they change what they do with the Inners from what they did with them in the manga for the 2nd arc. They became so useless.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:44 PM   #5
Pink Warrior
Putty Patroller

I want the spoilers! PM me in full details all about the Dream arc story.
Pink Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:45 PM   #6
Oceanblue
Putty Patroller

he final story arc in the manga, Stars, is a beautiful work of art. The anime adaptation Sailor Stars didn't do it justice at all. It's a story about war, and about understanding the inherent duality of all things -- love and hatred, peace and war, happiness and sadness, life and death, and so on. These things must all exist together. It's about compassion for oneself and one's enemies, being able to forgive your enemies as well as being able to forgive yourself.

Some spoilers for the end of the Stars arc:

Eternal Sailor Moon travels to the center of the galaxy to fight Sailor Galaxia, who has been waging war on the galaxy and has already killed the Inners and Outers, along with Mamoru. Eventually, Sailor Moon ends up saving Galaxia from falling to her doom, since they're both Sailor Soldiers. Galaxia remarks that Sailor Moon is the soldier who embraces all things before she herself perishes. Later, Sailor Moon learns that Chaos, the source of her troubles over the years and all of the enemies she has fought, has merged with the Galaxy Cauldron, the source of all life and all stars in the galaxy.

She can destroy Chaos by destroying the Cauldron since they're now one, but Usagi remarks that she can't end all life, and that no matter what, life must go on. Chibi Chibi, who has been encouraging her to destroy the Cauldron, transforms into her true self: Sailor Cosmos, the ultimate form of Sailor Moon from a distant future. Sailor Moon flies into the Cauldron and merges with it, while Cosmos stays behind, explaining that when she was in this same position, she chose to keep the Cauldron and Chaos alive, and regretted it because of the wars she fought in the future. She chose to go back in time, to comfort her past self, and to influence her to make the right decision...but Cosmos remarks that Eternal Sailor Moon made the right decision all along, and that Usagi understands the "power to save everything and the power to lose everything." She says that Usagi is the true Sailor Cosmos, while she is a mere coward who ran from her destiny and tried to change it. But, learning she made the right choice all long (life and love), she returns to the future with renewed strength to fight Sailor Chaos.

It's kind of amazing.
Oceanblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/14, 10:45 PM   #7
mythranger2
Putty Patroller

Thank you Oceanblue! It sounds like the manga had a bit more gravitas and depth than we got in Stars, which I personally think is great.
Old 12/15/14, 10:46 PM   #8
Primal Slayer
Putty Patroller

It's a lot of give and take, Galaxia and co. are better in the manga but my memory seems to remember the Outers having better roles in the anime then in the manga. And of course the Inner Senshi are just thrown away and dispatched of like they are newbies.

The Outers do have a much better death in the anime, esp Uranus/Neptune who get the best death as opposed to the manga where it is just generic.
Old 12/15/14, 10:47 PM   #9
mythranger2
Putty Patroller

…which sounds like an episode of Crystal.

And how about the Starlights? Are they a focus in the manga as they are in the anime?
Old 12/15/14, 10:48 PM   #10
Primal Slayer
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythranger View Post
And how about the Starlights? Are they a focus in the manga as they are in the anime?
I don't think they are to the same extent, plus they never turn into males, but they don't last as long I believe in the manga. Still make it towards the end but not as far.
Post New ThreadReply