Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/09/15, 10:36 AM   #11
Dino Charger
Ranger In Training

Default Re: The way Megaforce could have been good

Its a kids show it doesn't matter. I don't understand why people put so much thought into PR and read into even everything. Just enjoy the show. Everything doesn't have to make perfect sense. Megaforce was fun, I don't care if everything wasn't explained. It is a fantasy afterall.
Dino Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/15, 10:39 AM   #12
Inner Senshi
Power Ranger

I hate it when the fandom says bad things about PR. Maybe we should make a rule against that.
Inner Senshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/15, 04:00 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Senshi View Post
I hate it when the fandom says bad things about PR. Maybe we should make a rule against that.
I wouldn't go that far. Everyone has the right to critize the show if they think it deserves it. Its part of what we do here. Sure some people go overboard. But you can overly praise the show too. And it makes for good discussion when people disagree. As long as it doesnt turn into a flame fest.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 01:54 PM   #14
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

I don't think a PR season could ever be good. Lets face it, Power Rangers is a poor recreation of sentai. Megaforce actually did a.fairly good job following the sentai. I would have got rid of the MMPR references and anything that deviated too much from Sentai. I also would have had Super Mario Force stick with the same sentai and adapted Gokaiger this year.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 01:59 PM   #15
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I hate Sentai. It messed up PR worse once they started following it closely. MMPR didn't slave to Zyuranger and often did things in spite of Sentai. Thats one of the reasons why it was that best and always will be. Copying Sentai just made PR worse.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 02:09 PM   #16
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentai Snob View Post
I don't think a PR season could ever be good. Lets face it, Power Rangers is a poor recreation of sentai. Megaforce actually did a.fairly good job following the sentai. I would have got rid of the MMPR references and anything that deviated too much from Sentai. I also would have had Super Mario Force stick with the same sentai and adapted Gokaiger this year.
then go continue to watch Sentai it's obvious you'll never be happy unless you see Sentai and Power Rangers being an American version of Sentai is the wrong approach.

Power Rangers as I keep on saying is supposed to be its own show it's not supposed to be an American version of Sentai. Pretty much the majority of the fanbase wanted to put Tzachor on a grill because of his Sentai obsession and his need to copy and paste stuff from the Sentai into Power Rangers. Simply put making Power Rangers an American version of its counterpart Sentai is nothing more than the writers being lazy and admitting that they can't write worth a crap.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 02:13 PM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMPR Forever View Post
I hate Sentai. It messed up PR worse once they started following it closely. MMPR didn't slave to Zyuranger and often did things in spite of Sentai. Thats one of the reasons why it was that best and always will be. Cooying Sentai just made PR worse.
I completely agree that copying Sentai just doesn't work in Power Rangers especially when they don't want to do anything original or do very little in original content. MMPR, Zeo and Turbo were masters at doing their original stuff even Space, Galaxy and Lightspeed were but only to a point. Space did copy a few things from Megaranger (the whole thing with Cassie being blackmailed into going on a date with a guy, the whole Psycho saga and of course the lead villain trying to use the Psycho Rangers to drain the powers of their Master) but even with those things being taken from Megaranger they still made it an original season.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/15, 02:25 PM   #18
Gosei Gold
Power Ranger

I don't really care if PR copies Sentai or not . As long as its good, I will enjoy it regardless. I like seasons like Space and Samurai.
Gosei Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply