Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03/03/15, 09:40 PM   #111
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts.

So today we have another weird episode where if yesterday's episode was like a good version of Save the Trees then today's episode is like a mediocre version of Three Strikes.

Most of my problem comes from how aside from helping team cause Williams disappeared the Troopers biggest motivation was beating Percy at the bet when usually there's always something like Ziktor trying to get his hands on something, and the only way to stop him is to win something.

And usually Percy got humiliated for trying to steal Kaitlin's stories where here it's just because he wants his old school to win the way the Troopers do with theirs.

I liked Footbot he was cool, and I liked that his head was a football bomb he could take off, and throw at enemies.

I liked the fight between Ryan, and Zelton but part of me wishes they saved it for a later episode like Race to the Rescue mostly since it just seemed like a way to give Ryan some transformed fighting in this episode.

I don't think anything got skipped though except from some stuff with Helvira that I think we'll see in Rise of the Red Python, the Grand Nazca's robot form destroying tanks, and for some reason a part where the the Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters fired on the heroes so Spielban used the Grand Nazca's cannon formation.

Tune in next time everyone for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/15, 10:05 PM   #112
Zabitan
Administrator

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Littlest Trooper written by Margo McCahon, and directed by Worth Keeter.

So we start off with today's "my dad taught me" moment where Ryan thinks about how his dad once told him that awareness should extend beyond the here, and now.

Then we go to a park where two people are playing with their infant child when Skugs appear out of nowhere, and attack them.

Then we go to Tao dojo where Ryan, and JB are sparing while Kaitlin is sparing with Tao but then Ryan notices Jeb brought something, and everyone stops sparing, and they see that it's the infant from earlier but they don't know who left it.

Meanwhile at Ziktor industries we find out Ziktor himself left the baby as distraction to keep them away from finding out about his bomb factory.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar, and orders him to defend the bomb factory but Icebot interrupts, and says he wants to be the MOTD instead of just making them so Grimlord excepts, and Icebot changes into his monster form, and turns into ooze so he can reappear in reality.

Back at Tao dojo a doctor checks on the baby, and now confirms it as a boy named Boo, and everyone discusses how it's going to be a while too they can get the baby in a foster home, and no one reported a missing baby.

Tao comes in with some baby supplies, and the doctor leaves, and we get a comedy bit where Ryan goes to get more supplies, Kaitlin goes to the Underground Voice Daily to do a story about Boo leaving JB, and Jeb to take care of Boo.

Then we some random Spielban footage where Ivar and some Skugs load missiles onto some Air Fighters in a secret cave base where Boo's parents are being held prisoner in American footage.

Then we go back to Tao dojo where we are treated to JB, and Jeb rapping while JB cleans Boo while at the Underground Voice Daily Kaitlin shows Woody her picture of Boo while Percy is getting ready to do research on his story about secret caveswhile Woody gives everyone spicy snacks.

Meanwhile Ryan comes out of a store carrying supplies, and sees Icebot on a bridge, and some construction workers who are really Skugs.

Ryan punches, and kicks a Skug another tries to kick him but he tricks it into kicking another destroying both, then another Skug comes after him with a sign post.

But Ryan tricks it into hitting another Skug but they both break the sign post, and the first Skug still goes after Ryan with what's left so Ryan punches, and kicks them into each other destroying them.
Old 03/04/15, 10:06 PM   #113
Zabitan
Administrator

Back at Tao dojo we get another comedy bit where JB is changing Boo's diaper with a gas mask on then Kaitlin comes over to tell everyone that the paper is running Boo's story, and Ryan explains what happened so he, and the others decide to go to the lab with Boo.

After some more gratuitous Spielban footage of the secret cave base the Troopers, Jeb, and Boo arrive at the lab, and explain everything to the Professor.

Then the Professor tells them he's been getting readings from a mountain, and when the Troopers scan the area they see Percy get kidnapped, and placed with Boo's parents.

So JB, and Kaitlin transform to stop the factory, and save Boo's parents, and Percy while Ryan stays to look after Boo

Icebot appears so Kaitlin jump kicks him but he retaliates with his saber so JB kicks the saber out of his hands, and stabs Icebot with his own sword.

But Icebot turns into his monster form, and makes a swarm of bee like creatures come from an eye on his chest and attack the Troopers, then he wraps them in tentacles but JB frees them.

so Icebot turns into a blob, and attacks the Troopers, and transforms into a flower that blasts then with explosive gas, and Quantum Cruisers also drop bombs on JB, and Kaitlin so Ryan transforms to help them.

Ryan gets into the Skybase, and he and JB destroy the Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters, and JB, and Kaitlin sneak into the base, and destroy the Skugs with their ray guns, and rescue Boo's parents, and Percy.

When JB, and Kaitlin escape Ryan destroys the base, and Grimlord shames both Icebot, and Ivar for failure, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Then at the Underground Voice Daily we get one last comedy bit where Percy tries to take credit for saving Boo's parents when they all show up to call bullshit on him, and after that they think everyone for helping.

Anyway "I miss you dad" the end.
Old 03/04/15, 10:06 PM   #114
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

I enjoyed today's episode.

Mostly because of how funny it was since in addition to the usual stuff with Percy we actually get some funny stuff with the Troopers themselves.

My only real problem was that Grimlord had Boo's parents in the same place as his secret bomb factory since that's how they were able to find it in the first place.

I liked Icebot's monster form but I wish they waited till the end of the show to use it since in Spielban it was his only fight.

And the only thing I can think they skipped was some stuff with Hellvira but that seemed more appropriate for Rise of the Red Python.

Old 03/05/15, 08:26 PM   #115
Zabitan
Administrator

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at The Reality Virus written by Mark Litton, and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today's "my dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about how his dad taught him that the one thing universal we take for granted is reality.

We then go to Tao dojo where the Troopers, and Tao are practicing karate, and after Tao leaves the Troopers get a message from the Professor telling them that Ivar, and Icebot are invading reality with Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers so they transform, and get in the Skybase.

When the Troopers fight the Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers Ivar, and Icebot load something called the reality virus (title drop) into a war head, and fire it at the Skybase but all it really does is cover the Troopers in green slime that disappears anyway, and Grimlord's forces retreat.

At Ziktor industries Ziktor plays with his balls (that doesn't sound right), and transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar, and Icebot, and they all explain that it was a trap to infect the Troopers with the reality virus which will now spread, and infect all reality.

Back at Tao dojo the Troopers talk about what happened earlier while some green slime spreads around the plants, and at the virtual dungeon Grimlord, and his mutants remind us of stuff we already know.

Then we go to the Underground Voice Daily where Woody is talking to the reporters when Kaitlin sees some of the green slime in her coffee cup, and on a paper, and Percy thinks it's Sick Building Syndrome but Kaitlin suspects something worse.

Back at the virtual dungeon (or the Air Castle I'm not sure) Ivar, and Icebot talk about how there's something that can destroy the reality virus but they don't say what.

Ryan, JB, and Tao are trying to get the plants away from the green slime, and they notice it's eating at the reality barrier then someone from the power company comes over for a courtesy call but tries to steal a plant, and transforms into an army of Skugs.

Ryan, JB, and Tao fight off the Skugs by punching, and kicking them then Ryan, and JB go into another room to fight two Skugs while Tao fights the or three.

Then it just goes back, and forth between Ryan, and JB in one room, Tao in the other until they all kick the Skugs into each other.
Old 03/05/15, 08:27 PM   #116
Zabitan
Administrator

At Ziktor industries one of Ziktor's secretaries informs him of what's going on while in the Virtual Dungeon Crabor is goofing around.

Grimlord appears, and summons the other mutants, and orders Renegade (who now has his old boring head), Minotaurbot, Chrome Dome, and Crabor to defend the virus.

Back at Tao dojo the Troopers get a message from the Professor explaining what's going on, and they look at where the Skugs tried to steal the plants, and see a spot that hasn't been infected with the virus but they don't know which plant it was so they take some branches to the lab.

After an awesome but impractical scene with the Troopers in Kaitlin's car they arrive at the lab, and give the Professor the branches, and he figures out what plant they need but they need more, and Grimlord's mutants are attacking so JB, and Kaitlin transform while Ryan stays to help the Professor.

Air Fighters fire on the Skybase but JB, and Kaitlin destroy them, and some Quantum Cruisers while at the lab the Professor tells Ryan he's programmed the coordinates to find more plants in his Turbo Cycle so he also transforms.

Renegade, Minotaurbot, Chrome Dome, and Crabor go to deal with Ryan so Renegade fires a laser at Ryan but he hides underwater.

But Crabor appears, and whips Ryan with his tentacles, and grabs him but JB fires a laser at Crabor so he retreats.

Then we see Ryan rescue a rabbit before he finds Crabor who goes back to grabbing, and whipping Ryan, and also throws blobs of slime from his hand to trap Ryan so Crabor can electrocute Ryan, and spit more green slime from his tongue.

But Ryan uses Supercharge to free himself then uses Lighting Hand to sever one of Crabor's tentacles but it regenerates into a claw but Ryan uses Lighting Hand on Crabor, and kicks him destroying him.

Then Ryan finds the plant they need then Ryan jumps into the Skybase, and the Professor is able to right then, and there make an antidote, and load it into the missiles.

The Troopers fire missiles at random scenery, and that saves reality, and Grimlord once again swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at the Underground Voice Daily Woody shows the Troopers a story about the Troopers saving reality, and we get one last comedy bit with Percy.

Old 03/05/15, 08:27 PM   #117
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was another good one.

I liked the idea of a virus that could disintegrate the reality barrier.

Especially since it reminded me of Error in the System because of how the virus worked more like a computer virus than an organic one, and that episode had it where they had to make a computer virus in a factory, and transmit it from their end.

Really my only problems are nitpicks like some of the parts at Virtual Dungeon seeming redundant, or the part with the weird sky when everyone was in Kaitlin's car.

I liked the fight with Crabor but once again I wished the Metalder episode had a new monster instead of just bringing back an old one back but that was more of a problem with Metalder.

And I didn't like how they made Renegade go back to his old boring head after the cool winged serpent one in Ghost Biker but that could have been solved by just making this an earlier episode.

And the only thing I think they skipped from Metalder was stuff that they already used in Defending Dark Heart so there's that.

Old 03/07/15, 12:34 AM   #118
Zabitan
Administrator

Well hello there everybody welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we are looking at Friends in Need written by J.T. Paul, and directed by John Grant Weil.

So we start off with today's "my dad taught me" moment where Ryan again talks about how his dad taught him that the Earth has limited resources, and that we should take care of it.

We then go to the Underground Voice Daily where the circus is in town, and various circus performers are practicing their acts, and we see some comedy bits like Jeb with a clown, and Woody accidentally volunteering for a knife throwing act.

Then two of the performers a woman in a long white dress named Leeah, and a man in a white toga with a bronze chest plate named Mikolai ask Ryan, and his friends to meet them privately.

The two reveal that they're really scientists from Copernistan who have an important discovery to show Professor Hart.
At Ziktor industries one of Ziktor's secretaries informs him what's going on, and he explains that Leeah, and Mikolai have invented a formula that could double the world's fuel supply.

Then he transforms into Grimlord, and summons Ivar, and asks for a robot to capture Leeah, and Mikolai, and Ivar recommends a bronze bat like mutant called Terminoid.

At Tao dojo Leeah, and Mikolai explain what they created, and that the formula is on microdot on Leeah's necklace, and they knew Ryan's father, and Professor Hart, and think the Professor can help, and Ryan agrees to take them.

On the way to the lab Ryan sees that someone wrecked their motorcycle but when Ryan gets out to help they transform into an army of Skugs so Ryan tells Leeah, Mikolai, and Jeb to leave while he fights the Skugs.

Not much happens other than the Skugs kick Ryan, and he kicks back while Leeah, Mikolai give Jeb the necklace just before Skugs kidnap them, and Ryan throws the last two Skugs into each other, and destroys them.

Grimlord orders the fight be taken to the Battle Grid and we get the rarest of the rare a shortly portal sequence with just one Trooper.

Not much happens since it's pretty much just the Battle Grid segment from No One's Friend but with a weird part in the middle where they do this slow motion thing.

When Ryan returns to reality he informs JB, and Kaitlin about what happened, and at the lab the Professor explains what's going on.

At the Virtual Dungeon Ivar informs Grimlord that they captured Leeah, and Mikolai, and shows them in a cage but explains they don't have the formula so Icebot recommends Horrorbot (who now has a name).

Back at the lab the Troopers are looking for Leeah, Mikolai when Horrobot attacks so the Troopers decide to transform, and split up with JB, and Kaitlin going after Leeah, and Mikolai while Ryan fights Horrorbot.
Old 03/07/15, 12:35 AM   #119
Zabitan
Administrator

JB, and Kaitlin go into the Skybase, and find Leeah, and Mikolai so JB jumps down, and fights off Skugs so Terminoid attacks him but JB throws him off so Terminoid sends more Skugs but JB fights them so Air Fighters fire on JB.

Skugs take Leeah, and Mikolai's cage, and put it in a truck so JB chases after it on the Fighter Bike while Quantum Cruisers, Air Fighters, Air Striker, and Fighterbot fire on the Skybase but Kaitlin destroys them.

Horrorbot whips his harpoon around, and whips up a sandstorm that knocks Ryan into a pit of sinking sand, and throws metal poles that make a makeshift cage around Ryan that Horrorbot shoots electricity from his harpoon at to electrocute Ryan.

In the back of the truck Ivar interrogates Leeah, Mikolai while the truck fires at JB but JB fires back, and stops the truck, and breaks in, fights off the mutants, and rescues Leeah, and Mikolai.

Kaitlin jumps down, and helps JB but Terminoid grabs her so JB hits Terminoid, and frees Kaitlin who gets Leeah, and Mikolai to safety.

Ryan breaks out of the pit, grabs a pole, and throws it at Horrorbot knocking him into the pit so Horrorbot pleads for help, and Ryan helps but it turns out to be a trick, and Horrorbot hits Ryan with his harpoon so Ryan uses Lighting Hand to destroy him

Ivar hits JB with his sword so JB fights back with his own sword but Ivar keeps hitting him but JB knocks out Ivar's sword but Terminoid attacks JB, and grabs, and throws JB with his tongue while Ivar attacks JB with his sword, and turns his hand into a gun.

So JB fires his laser at Ivar but Terminoid notes his arm, and throws him, and Ivar, and Terminoid attack JB at the same time so he uses Laser Lance to destroy Terminoid, and knock back Ivar forcing him to retreat, and at the virtual dungeon Grimlord once again shames Ivar for failure, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

At Tao dojo Leeah, and Mikolai now in regular clothes are leaving for Copernistan, and Kaitlin gives them back the necklace with the information from Professor Hart.

Old 03/07/15, 12:36 AM   #120
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

Today's episode was one of the best episodes I've seen so far.

I liked the story with Leeah, and Mikoli, and their secret formula.

I also liked how they integrated the Spielban footage with the American stuff just by dressing Leeah, and Nikkoli like the Spielban characters.

I liked the fight with Horrrbot who finally has a name my only complaint is more with the Metalder episode it's based on then the scene itself.

I also liked Terminoid he was a cool monster though I do,wonder why he wasn't called Horrorbot unless they originally had each other's names.

I also liked how they had a Metalder episode, a Spielban episode, and a Battle Grid segment, and there was nothing I can think got cut out that I would have left in.

And now only 10 more regular episodes until the Season One finale Rise of the Red Python, and my overall thoughts on Season One, and after that I start Season Two.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, vr troopers