Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/21/11, 07:47 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Does anyone feel sorry for Alex?

In Time Force, Alex saved the future by capturing Ransik. He seemed to find personal happiness when he got engaged to Jen. Only to find himself near death at the hands of the escaped Ransik. But Jen falls in love with Wes by the time Alex reveals himself in the past. Alex was harsh to the team at first but was wise enough to admit he was wrong about Wes. Alex was the bigger person and gave his morpher back to Wes. He even continued to help in the future and really cared about Jen. Yet Jen broke up with him and chose a man she could never really be with over him. This had to hurt Alex. So you can see why he may have gotten a raw deal.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/11, 02:54 AM   #2
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Default Re: Does anyone feel sorry for Alex?

Jen isn't completely stupid, she will eventually get over Wes and get back with Alex.

What is there to be sad about? He will get the girl eventually, he just has to deal with her being stupid for a while.
Kamen Rider Decade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/11, 10:37 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

I don't think Jen is going to be able to go back to Alex. She isn't the same person as she was at the beginning of TF. She clearly is still in love with wes in "Reinforcements From the Future".
Old 01/22/11, 10:40 PM   #4
Zabitan
Administrator

I thought she ended up with Alex at the end of Time Force
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/11, 10:54 PM   #5
PRangerX
Administrator

Well in "End of Time Part 2" she gave Alex back her engagement ring. So that makes me feel like the relationship was over for her.
Old 01/23/11, 10:59 AM   #6
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
She isn't the same person as she was at the beginning of TF.
Neither is Alex. He was clearly changed by the near death experience he became harder but he mellowed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
She clearly is still in love with wes in "Reinforcements From the Future".
That would be an indication of her still being stupid. She'll get over Wes eventually unless she is completely and utterly stupid and would rather grow old alone & miserable than get over a love she can't have and go back to a man she clearly loved once.
Old 12/18/11, 09:40 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Well, I suppose I feel sad for him because he found happiness due to capturing Ransik as well as proposing to his girlfriend Jen however Ransik killed him and when he came back to life, he was very rude and harsh and his harsh behavior is what I believe lead to Jen breaking up with him.

Granted Jen was already falling in love with Wes before Alex came to the year 2001 and that does play a part in Jen's relationship with Alex and how it changed. So I do feel sorry for Alex that he lost his happiness due to losing Jen.

Now granted Jen and Wes still love each other but will never be able to be together however I do not believe Jen will ever get back together with Alex. It has nothing to do with Jen being stupid. Even if she got over Wes, I still don't believe she would ever go back to Alex. I believe that chapter between Jen and Alex has been closed.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/11, 10:38 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Yeah, I think that was made pretty clear in "Distiny Defeated". I don't blame Alex for acting the way he did though. He was under a lot of pressure to save the timeline and felt that the TF Rangers we're goofing off. Plus there was the jealous of Wes factor, which only makes him human. Alex was also used to military like disapline and was treating the TF Rangers like he would any suborniates in what was an extreme situation. At least he was wise enough to realize he made some false assumptions and gave his powers back to Wes without a fight. Not to mention let the Ranger's return to the Past in "End of Time".
Old 12/18/11, 11:18 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Indeed plus the Rangers couldn't really do anything but do their Odd Jobs while they waited for Ransik or Frax to attack. All they had to detect attacks was Circuit and he could only detect something if the mutant or robot was attacking.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/19/11, 12:07 AM   #10
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEmily View Post
Indeed plus the Rangers couldn't really do anything but do their Odd Jobs while they waited for Ransik or Frax to attack.
Or they could have done what all police forces do, go get the fucking criminals. You know you have a gang of bloody thirsty savages intent on killing anyone and everyone you don't just wait for them to strike to strike back, you hunt them down like dogs and you take them out one way or another.

But like every PR they puss out like sissies.
Post New ThreadReply