Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/11/18, 11:59 AM   #1
Troopers Supreme
Putty Patroller

Default An idea for the Skipped Sentais

We know they have been skipping seasons every so many years. I think they should take all that footage and do a new VR Troopers TV Series. The really old stuff is probably out of the question. But some of the other seasons they recently skipped is doable. The original VR didn't have much to work with anyway.
Troopers Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 12:04 PM   #2
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

Default Re: An idea for the Skipped Sentais

Its a good idea. But I don't think its something they are interested in. And if they did do something it would be original series.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 12:06 PM   #3
Sentai Snob
Sentai Snob.

No offense, but I think it would be a horrible idea. Its bad enough Amerixane Sentai has mangled Japanese Sentai in the past. We don't need an American Sentai 2 to futher mulk things up.

I am all for more Metal Hero. But if you want American Metal Hero, at least adapt Japanese Metal Hero.
Sentai Snob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 12:08 PM   #4
Power Rangers Forever
Ranger In Training

Its a great idea actually. I think it could work. But like Codfish I don't think Saban Brands or Toei is looking to do something like that. They only skip Sentais because they are futher behind Toei than ever. Which allows them to choose the best Sentai to adapt. I don't see them going backwards. But if it were up to me I would do something like the op suggested.
Power Rangers Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 01:19 PM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopers Supreme View Post
We know they have been skipping seasons every so many years. I think they should take all that footage and do a new VR Troopers TV Series. The really old stuff is probably out of the question. But some of the other seasons they recently skipped is doable. The original VR didn't have much to work with anyway.
wouldn't be a bad idea but I doubt they want to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Codfish View Post
Its a good idea. But I don't think its something they are interested in. And if they did do something it would be original series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Rangers Snob View Post
Its a great idea actually. I think it could work. But like Codfish I don't think Saban Brands or Toei is looking to do something like that. They only skip Sentais because they are futher behind Toei than ever. Which allows them to choose the best Sentai to adapt. I don't see them going backwards. But if it were up to me I would do something like the op suggested.
yea it's a decent idea but they were skipped for a reason so I don't think they want to go back to those skipped seasons for any reason whatsoever.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 05:49 PM   #6
Maligore
Power Ranger

You would figure Saban would want to do it, since he could do it very cheap.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 05:50 PM   #7
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

Saban Brands would be producing a whole another show. How would it be cheaper?
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 05:53 PM   #8
VR Master
Power Ranger

The best bet to bring back VR Troopers is to do a movie with a modest budget. Vaguely popular brands have come back in film before. This eliminates the problem of lack of Metal Hero footage.
VR Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 06:19 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligore View Post
You would figure Saban would want to do it, since he could do it very cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Ego View Post
Saban Brands would be producing a whole another show. How would it be cheaper?
problem is there's the issue with suits since they have a shelf life before you can't use them anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Master View Post
The best bet to bring back VR Troopers is to do a movie with a modest budget. Vaguely popular brands have come back in film before. This eliminates the problem of lack of Metal Hero footage.
if the Power Rangers movie didn't do good then what would be the point of that? That'd be a utter disaster.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/18, 08:27 PM   #10
Zabitan
Administrator

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want to see a new VR Troopers or the skipped Sentai shows being adapted but I'm not sure about making them both the same thing.

Maybe if Toei has a Spielban cameo in a movie they can use that, and Shaider Next Generation for VR Troopers special.

And have the skipped Sentai shows be some instant streaming service exclusive Power Rangers seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Master View Post
I'll admit that's tempting but I don't know last I checked the Power Rangers movie didn't do good enough for a sequel, and I would imagine we would get one of those before a VR Troopers movie.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply