Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07/20/15, 09:43 AM   #1
Ashiusx
Putty Patroller

Default Overdrive underrated

Its really underappreciated season; that doesn't deserve all of the flak it has got. Its not the best. Its certainty better than all of the PR seasons from the Neo-Saban Era. At least for me. Tyzonn was a good character. I liked his backstory. It is freaking cool as hell that he is technically the first monster in PR history to become a ranger.
Ashiusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/15, 11:54 AM   #2
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Default Re: Overdrive underrated

Well Overdrive does have it's flaws especially from the two part Once A Ranger and the overuse of villains after the jewels. I myself however find it to be a great Disney era because of it's cool rangers, Lightspeed Rescue like story and giving me the fun I expect from a PR season period.
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/15, 11:52 AM   #3
Overdrive Omega
Comic Relief

Overdrive is my favorite season..The Indiana Jones vibe was awesome. The season really felt like a serial adventure. It was a nice touch having different villian factions. It had a pretty exciting finalie too..The robot Mack storyline is one ofthe bestpost Saban Entertainment erastorylines.they have ever done.
Overdrive Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/15, 03:31 PM   #4
Usagi Reborn
Power Ranger

Overdrive just didn't have any likeable characters. The serial storyline was all over the place. As well as the villain factions. It was a good idea that was horribly executed. Don't even get me started on the horrible team up!
Usagi Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/15, 03:32 PM   #5
Turbo Guy
Power Ranger

I liked Dax. He was a funny character that would have fit in Turbo. OO is my third favorite season, but mostly due to the zords in a lot of ways.
Turbo Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/15, 07:55 PM   #6
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I liked the idea of a season long over-arching plotline. The hunt for the jewels was a great plot device, but I felt they were found in either too simple or too dues-ex ways. The reveal of Mack being an android was a great episode, but the way he treated his dad afterward just didn't feel like...Mack. The only Rangers on the team that i felt had true characterization were Mack, Ronny, Rose, and Tyzonn. Dax was just there, and i disliked Will even before the whole charity banner fiasco.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/15, 10:16 PM   #7
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

^^ I liked Dax too. OO is my 4th favorite season tied with Mystic Force. I don't know if he would have fit into Turbo but no one can steal Justin's thunder.
Old 07/28/15, 11:23 AM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger View Post
I liked the idea of a season long over-arching plotline. The hunt for the jewels was a great plot device, but I felt they were found in either too simple or too dues-ex ways. The reveal of Mack being an android was a great episode, but the way he treated his dad afterward just didn't feel like...Mack. The only Rangers on the team that i felt had true characterization were Mack, Ronny, Rose, and Tyzonn. Dax was just there, and i disliked Will even before the whole charity banner fiasco.
I actually liked that they had Mack's relationship with Hartford unfolded for episodes rather than an apology at the end of the episode. It was different than how most conflicts had been in earlier seasons. It made for a more interesting storyline than just a one off thing. Especially since they built to the robot revelation since the beginning. Mack had every right to be mad at his father for violating his trust. It made sense that Hartford had to earn it back.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/15, 11:37 AM   #9
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

I agree although I was given the headsup on how the storyline ends, I thought it was great to not have it last for just one episode.
Old 07/28/15, 03:01 PM   #10
The Ghost Ranger
Power Ranger

I didn't mean clear it up in one episode. I meant instead of calling him 'Mr. Hartford' Mack could have sarcastically called him dad or creator, or something. He did have every right to be mad, yes, I just felt it was done weiredly is all.
The Ghost Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply