Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/20/14, 09:39 PM   #11
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Default Re: Has this been discussed before?

I'm just glad Tommy didn't save the day for once.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 04:32 AM   #12
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Guy View Post
Should have done a better job with the ending battle. Having the Wild Rider destory Surpenterra was stupid. They should have done a Megazord battle.
I agree and such a thing was originally planned but it just didn't work out because they wanted to use a zord for each Red Ranger but a lot of the earlier suits were too damaged so then they had came up with the idea of using CGI for each zord but such a thing would have been too expensive and Disney refused to pay for it so they had to go to Bandai to help out but Bandai wouldn't pay for it and would only pay for it in exchange of using one of their toys as a focus for the episode.

I personally think it would have made more sense if they just wound up using the Astro Megaship Mark 2 and Animus for the battle against Serpentera along with the other Rangers using other Rangers to help out.

The issue was that Disney didn't want to pay for so much CGI but using just the Megaship and Animus wouldn't have been that much. They wound up paying for both Predazord and Animus being shot in original footage in a few scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Green Spandex View Post
I'm just glad Tommy didn't save the day for once.
I do like Tommy as a character but you do have a point there. I just didn't like the execution of Forever Red especially with Serpentera's destruction or the execution of the Legendary Battle with them using just X-Borgs for the battle. It was supposed to be a big deal for the Legendary Battle so why not use X-Borgs, Bruisers and Kingsmen all at once?
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 11:46 AM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats a good solution for getting around the cost issue. Using Megaship Mark 2 to form the Astro Megazord and Animus would have made a lot of sense. I would have settled for just Astro Megazord at that point.

Yeah their hands were tied once they had Bandai pay for the final sequence. Since they had to promise to promote the toys. I persume the Wild Zords werent an option.

Aparently Jonathon's explanation was that the Wild Rider was from a god, so it could be powerful enough to destory Surpenterra. It was smart to have Animus give Cole the bike before hand to set this up.

Maybe the Machine Generals didn't do as good a job as they thought with rebuilding the zord. Since it was vunerable enough for a bike to destory it. Even if it was from a god.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 11:47 AM   #14
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

I would have liked it if they used the original Megazord. Maybe even the Thunder Megazord.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/14, 09:21 PM   #15
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
Thats a good solution for getting around the cost issue. Using Megaship Mark 2 to form the Astro Megazord and Animus would have made a lot of sense. I would have settled for just Astro Megazord at that point.

Yeah their hands were tied once they had Bandai pay for the final sequence. Since they had to promise to promote the toys. I persume the Wild Zords werent an option.

Aparently Jonathon's explanation was that the Wild Rider was from a god, so it could be powerful enough to destory Surpenterra. It was smart to have Animus give Cole the bike before hand to set this up.

Maybe the Machine Generals didn't do as good a job as they thought with rebuilding the zord. Since it was vunerable enough for a bike to destory it. Even if it was from a god.
Exactly since they were likely going to be shooting original footage for Animus anyway due to him fighting against Master Org in a Giant battle and on top of which they added Predazord into the mix.

yea it would have been made sense in regards to the Wild Force Rider being powerful since it was a gift from Animus, a God so it was a smart move in that case.

That's possible in the case of Serpentera, we could reason that it was in bad shape since it wasn't as huge as it usually was in Dairanger footage.
Old 12/22/14, 06:46 PM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

Plus Surpenterra used to always have that power drain problem. Its unclear if that was fixed
Old 12/23/14, 07:32 AM   #17
MattEmily
Administrator

true but the Neo Plutonium Reactor was supposedly the fix to that energy issue.
Old 12/23/14, 10:55 AM   #18
PRangerX
Administrator

Maybe the reactor wasn't as good as they thought.
Old 12/23/14, 11:58 AM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

thing is Neo Plutonium was the same thing that the Machine Empire used in order to create an invincible armor for his machines which made it impossible for even the Rangers to make a dent against Silo which meant they needed to use the Super Zeozords that Trey had just given them.
Old 12/23/14, 06:15 PM   #20
PRangerX
Administrator

Thats true I guess its time for me to watch "Forever Red " again.
Post New ThreadReply