Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 08/27/06, 11:17 PM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

With Emma no longer wishing to keep Lahanaforums as her official forums and all the unncessary negativity spoken of her, I feel it is no longer apropiate to keep Lahana Forums open in it current forum. I don't want to keep the forums open and rob Emma of any of her privacy. I take the blame for not being an active Admin over there. But I can't just leave the forum open if people are going to make outragous claims against Emma. It isn't right of me to put her on display like that. I want to keep the board open in some shape or form. Probably as a pr board or possibly combine it with this one. I don't see any point in keeping Lahana Forums alive in its current state, when it just puts me in a awkard postion. For now the board is closed for a few days, until I decide what I am going to do. Feel free to make your comments here. I believe guest posting is still allowed.
Old 08/27/06, 11:55 PM   #2
AxelRose
Putty Patroller

Hey is there gonna be another forums Instead of LF???? I mean I need links maan!!!!
Old 08/28/06, 06:37 AM   #3
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

If you merge the two, like I said in the email, I am not going and I be damned if I'll let you close this one down. You shouldn't even be an admin on this board, you abandoned it, let spammers run wild in general discussion.
Old 08/28/06, 12:03 PM   #4
Shadow Ranger

from my point of view emma didn't deserve none of all of this negativity she didn't deserve it at all

Old 08/28/06, 12:27 PM   #5
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Aug 28 2006, 12:03 PM
from my point of view emma didn't deserve none of all of this negativity she didn't deserve it at all
But when you are a celebrity, even one as small as Emma you are going to get shit regardless of whether or not it is deserved or not. It's one of the many prices celebrities have to pay to be a celebrity.
Old 08/28/06, 03:43 PM   #6
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade View Post
But when you are a celebrity, even one as small as Emma you are going to get shit regardless of whether or not it is deserved or not. It's one of the many prices celebrities have to pay to be a celebrity.
Its fine to critize a celeberity. But some of those guys at Lahana Forums were acting like border line stalkers or obssessed fans. Maybe it wasn't quite that bad but it was starting to get a little scary. If Emma isn't comfortable with what used to be its offcial board than I can't let it go on. People clearly aren't able to grasp the fact that Emma isn't going to post there anymore.

And about your post from above. Your right, I shouldn't have abandoned any of the two forums. Although I always envisioned PRO as kind of a open playground. But still, I should keep up with whats going on. I am going to work on catching up on Mystic Force so I can participate more actively without being out of the loop.

I'm not sure what I am doing with Lahana Forums yet. I thought about rebranding it as the new PRO. I was going to close this one down but allow people to reply to existing posts. But I suppose it might be more fair to start fresh with a new board ( maybe even a Vbullitin or something). Than close LF and the current PRO to new threads. That way if existing RPG's could continue here and the new ones would start at the old board. And a new board would allow me to watch this place with a fresh start. There is actually a way to transfer posts to a vbullitin but I am not sure exactly how it works. But like I said I am just comming up with ideas here. I really don't know what I am going to do.
Old 08/28/06, 04:21 PM   #7
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

It's fine and dandy with me if you start a new PRO board, but leave this board to someone else under a new name chosen by the new admin. Angel of Chaos or I would be great choices.
Old 08/28/06, 04:59 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cheetamus Primal@Aug 28 2006, 08:21 PM
It's fine and dandy with me if you start a new PRO board, but leave this board to someone else under a new name chosen by the new admin. Angel of Chaos or I would be great choices.
Will see, I might just keep this one open and repackage Lahana Forums as just a general tv board, so that group of people can still hang out. Since I don't think anyone really wants to merge.
Old 08/28/06, 05:12 PM   #9
Shadow Ranger

i dont know what you will do p ranger x if darth vader or jdf's fan for life come over here and fight vader and her have had a conflict

Old 08/28/06, 07:25 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Aug 28 2006, 09:12 PM
i dont know what you will do p ranger x if darth vader or jdf's fan for life come over here and fight vader and her have had a conflict
At this point the idea to repackage Lahana Forums into a general tv/entertainment board is probably my number 1 choice. So it won't effect PRO ( other than the Lahana Forum link being taking down on the splash). I own a domain called TVfuncenter.com that I was using as a gallery for tv shows. I haven't done anything with it. So I will probably move the forums over to that domain and change the theme. All the posts should be preseved. Users will be able to talk about their favorite shows, movies, music and other subjects. Basically everything they already do in the off topic thread already. So nothing will really change besides the Emma Theme being taken out. People will still be able to interact with their friends. I might even keep the gallery up so people can upload pictures of their favorite shows. As a matter of fact I will probably make an anoouncement about this right now ( on the page where the lahanaforum domain now leads).
Post New ThreadClosed Thread