Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02/27/21, 11:58 AM   #1
PRangerX
Administrator

Default David Yost has an idea for a MMPR Reunion

Its just an idea and he would need to get Hasbro invovled. Artfile was actually from a coup!e of months ago.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffcon...h=7ebad32d3974

Jere is sn excert.
:

While we live in a world filled with reboots and remakes, Yost seems to not only be up for reviving his iconic character but is taking active steps himself to create the possibility. “I personally have been writing a reunion series, it’s called Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Quantum Continuum. I take it seriously and it has been mentioned with everybody in the original cast. I know that at the end of the day, it’s going to take a lot of finagling to make it happen.” Yost went on to say that at the show’s 25 year reunion, Saban, a longtime owner of the Power Rangers name, should have taken advantage of the opportunity to do so then but they didn’t. However, he is optimistic that Hasbro, who now owns the rights to Power Rangers, will seriously consider his idea of developing the characters of Jason, Kimberly, Tommy, Zack, Billy and even Trini (actress Thuy Trang died in a car accident in 2001) for a reunion series as part of the show’s upcoming 30th anniversary. “I really hope that I’m writing something cool enough and interesting that my castmates would not be able to say no.”
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/21, 01:41 PM   #2
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

Default Re: David Yost has an idea for a MMPR Reunion

This would be an amazing idea! I hope Hasbro goes for it. It could help launch MMPR Season 4.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/21, 01:43 PM   #3
Evil Kim
Putty Patroller

Maybe Kimberly can come back as a villain and the other Rangers have to stop her.
Evil Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/21, 01:14 PM   #4
Miki1988
Power Ranger

What I would love to see is some focus on the original 5 team members before bringing Tommy in. Trini would have to be re-cast or they could just go with Aisha and say that Trini had moved on to different things. Then bring in Tommy towards the end along with Katherine to reveal more details on how and when did they get together post-Turbo and had JJ.

But please, PLEASE let this NOT be a time-travel story when something gets screwed-up and someone has to go and fix everything.
Miki1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/21, 08:16 PM   #5
Gold Ranger In Danger
Ranger In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1988 View Post
What I would love to see is some focus on the original 5 team members before bringing Tommy in. Trini would have to be re-cast or they could just go with Aisha and say that Trini had moved on to different things. Then bring in Tommy towards the end along with Katherine to reveal more details on how and when did they get together post-Turbo and had JJ.

But please, PLEASE let this NOT be a time-travel story when something gets screwed-up and someone has to go and fix everything.
That sounds like where the new movie is going lol
Gold Ranger In Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/21, 08:17 PM   #6
Yellow Fan Forever
Ranger In Training

It sucks they can't use Trini. But Thuy's passing was a real life tragady.
Yellow Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/21, 08:19 PM   #7
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Yost's idea sounds interesting. But it sounds like a long shot until he gets approval from Hasbro.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/21, 08:23 PM   #8
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

I agree, but...I think its more doable since there seems to be more of an interest in these type of things these days. And the surviving cast might just be open to it if they got the right offers.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/21, 08:51 PM   #9
Hailey Hartford

They can bring back the original girl who played Trini for this.
Hailey Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/28/21, 10:02 PM   #10
PRangerX
Administrator

Its possible but some might see it in bad taste due to Thuy's passing. I would think there woukd be some tribute to the late actor? They could use Aishia or Trini could have a daughter. She would be more then old enough to be a Ranger in canon.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply