Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > The Time Warp > Power Rangers Modern Archives

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 02/21/08, 05:50 PM   #11
PRangerX
Administrator

Actually, Kelson Henderson is voicing Flint. Kelson previously protrayed Boom, Phineas, and Norg.
Old 02/21/08, 06:45 PM   #12
red timeforce ranger
Power Ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to red timeforce ranger

i wait see white rino ranger and purple wolf ranger in prjf
Old 02/21/08, 07:21 PM   #13
PRangerX
Administrator

I meant to say Flit not Flint.
Old 02/23/08, 03:56 AM   #14
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Man, is this board already history? There wasn't a single post yesterday.

Anyway, I thought the premiere was darn good, probably Kalish's second best (Beginnings still takes the cake). None of the Rangers are annoying, in fact Theo's absolutely excellent. Only thing I don't like is why Kalish always needs the Red Ranger to come in last, even when the whole team's in the scene together. That part bugged me.

I loved that the martial arts aspect was upheld at every level, bravo. Hopefully they'll keep it up.
Old 02/23/08, 07:21 AM   #15
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

Well, the red ranger coming in last is probably more because of how the Sentai footage goes than any desire from Kalish to bring red in last. In Dekaranger Ban was brought in last (I think that was DekaRed's name). In Magiranger, Kai got his powers last in the forest fight. And, in Gekiranger, Jan henshined last, and was brought into the team last. I think that Kalish is trying to make the footage make sense with the storylines by bringing red in last, or as an outsider, since a good portion of the early Sentai eps tend to revolve around the first group adapting to the inclusion of their newest member.

That, and historically, red's been brought into the team last in a good portion of PR. Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, and Wild Force. Not every one, granted, but that's nearly half of the first 10 seasons right there, and the first 5 could almost be negated, since they only occasionally changed team members, and not teams all together.

As for Flit, yes, Bae was important in Geki to Gekiviolet's storyline. Additionally, he's in so many of the shots involving the GekiTouja fights, that, unless the footage they get is before he was added in (didn't look like it was, from the Megazord fight), then they needed to include him. Otherwise, you'd have a giant fly zooming around the screen in nigh every zord battle, but no explanation for it.

Chris
Old 02/23/08, 06:30 PM   #16
PRangerX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
Man, is this board already history? There wasn't a single post yesterday.
We're just starting out slow. We have actually had more activity lately. Its going to take time to get a big community going. With Jungle Fury underway and Dragon Knight soon to start, it should be easier to get discussion going ( especially if crewmembers from Dragon Knight end up posting). As its hard to keep a small community going during the off season. When we were PRO-Board, things always seemed to be more active during the season then when it was the off season.

We have a few loyal posters. If we maintain what we have and slowly gain new ones, things will get more active. And at that point it will be all the more easier to get new members. Once we get a steady flow of newbies things should really take off ( newbies keep boards active, like it or not).
Old 02/23/08, 08:15 PM   #17
Kamen Rider Decade
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRangerX View Post
( newbies keep boards active, like it or not).
Especially the brainless good for nothing but stupid bullshit ones.
Old 02/24/08, 01:21 AM   #18
PrimoPiccolo
Eternal

Send a message via AIM to PrimoPiccolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by christphern
That, and historically, red's been brought into the team last in a good portion of PR. Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force, and Wild Force. Not every one, granted, but that's nearly half of the first 10 seasons right there
I'm talking about the actual suited-up Red Rangers, not the leader characters. In every one of the last four seasons, the Red Ranger morphs by himself. It's beyond boring now.
Old 02/24/08, 01:46 AM   #19
christphern
Ranger In Training

Send a message via AIM to christphern

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoPiccolo View Post
I'm talking about the actual suited-up Red Rangers, not the leader characters. In every one of the last four seasons, the Red Ranger morphs by himself. It's beyond boring now.
I can see your point, but, again, I don't think that's Kalish's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christphern View Post
Well, the red ranger coming in last is probably more because of how the Sentai footage goes than any desire from Kalish to bring red in last. In Dekaranger Ban was brought in last (I think that was DekaRed's name). In Magiranger, Kai got his powers last in the forest fight. And, in Gekiranger, Jan henshined last, and was brought into the team last. I think that Kalish is trying to make the footage make sense with the storylines by bringing red in last, or as an outsider, since a good portion of the early Sentai eps tend to revolve around the first group adapting to the inclusion of their newest member.
I will further expand that, though, to mention that in all of the above examples, not just Gekiranger, all of the red rangers henshined separately, and not as part of the team. Boukenger, in the last 4 Sentai series, was the only exception.

Besides, in any case, it's more of a writer thing than a producer thing.

The reference I made to the history of PR having the same pattern was to show that it's not exactly something new. It's been around since fairly early on (well, when they started changing teams, anyway).

Edit:

Dekaranger: Ban's first Henshin - http://youtube.com/watch?v=SRtSgFqFW_s&feature=related
Magiranger: first Henshiin - http://youtube.com/watch?v=dbCNKxISxos&feature=related (couldn't find Kai's, but, you can see they Henshin without him, as he didn't have his powers yet. Like Nick, he comes in to the fight when Wolzard is kicking the others' butts)
Gekiranger: Jan's first Henshin - http://youtube.com/watch?v=RowvyCI1PPU

Chris
Old 02/25/08, 08:50 PM   #20
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Jungle Fury Feedback: Sigh of the Tiger

Well, episiode 3 is already in the books. More focus on Casey and his lack of experiance.

The plot was pretty predicatable. Right out of the Kirate Kid. But it made for a nice side episode. And it was fun when Casey put all his training together at the end. Plus it was nice to see more of RJ's zany mentoring. It cracks me up when he watches the fights like a couch patatoe. When he picked up that bowl of popcorn it was halarious.

Fran was fine in this episode. She is the kind of character that is going to be gold in small doses. It was funny how Theo and Lilly wouldn't help her. And it was paid off well at the end.

Flit was more toned down this week and didn't bother me as much. So I was able to take the zord battle more seriously. Zord battles don't really excite me like they used to though. The footage comes off too generic.

Using evil spirits to make foot soldiers into monsters continues to be an interesting idea.

Some of the in adr needs work. Some of the in suit diolouge comes off as a little too cheesy. But that has been a problem the past few years. But its not awful.

The villains are differenly different from last years fair. They seem interesting so far. It will be interesting to see the Rangers learn that Jared was possessed by the big bad.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread