Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 11/11/14, 10:54 AM   #1
ShadeHedgehog
Putty Patroller

Default Can a finale be ruined by it's final moments?

This question stemmed after rewatching the RPM finale recently, it was a great one, lots of twists and turns, the Rangers pushed to the brink of defeat, even having 2 rangers "die".
But after everything's seemingly resolved... cliffhanger.
Ugh.

I hate cliffhangers at the end of any TV Show/Video Game/Book when there's no intent to follow up on it, with a passion.
It's one of the main reasons Psi-Ops left a bad taste in my mouth.

And we all knew Disney intended to end RPM right then and there, and we haven't even gotten resolution with it.

That's why Danger and Destiny wasn't my favorite, it was close to the level of Countdown to Destruction for most of the ep, but tarnished(to me) by it's final moments.
Not completely though, just knocked down a few pegs.

So the question is, would great finales like Countdown to Destruction have been ruined if there was a cliffhanger that wouldn't be resolved ever? Like maybe Zedd's staff staying intact or Astronema's personality not being completely wiped out?
ShadeHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/14, 12:05 AM   #2
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: Can a finale be ruined by it's final moments?

I think the ending of RPM was just supposed to show that the battle between good and evil will go on. It wasnt supposed to be a cliffhanger.

I think its possible for the endings of finalies to ruin them. If something is done that makes no sense and contradicts the season.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply