Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/21/17, 07:23 PM   #1
Ninja Storm Fan
Power Ranger

Default They should have just stuck with Ninja Storm

They should have just stuck with Ninja Storm for several seasons. I think this was Disney's big mistake. They wouldn't have had to sell if they stuck with the hit Ninja Storm.
Ninja Storm Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/17, 10:34 PM   #2
Superstatler
Power Ranger

Default Re: They should have just stuck with Ninja Storm

It would have been hard with him different themes that didn't go together.
Superstatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/17, 10:43 PM   #3
Dinoguy
Putty Patroller

DinoThunder would have been better for a continuing season storyline.
Dinoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/17, 10:47 PM   #4
Massive Ego
Power Ranger

I would have threw in the towel. The stuff we get now is still crap. But Ninja Storm has always been the worst. I couldn take several seasons. Its a miracle I still watch the show now.
Massive Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 12:21 AM   #5
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Storm Fan View Post
They should have just stuck with Ninja Storm for several seasons. I think this was Disney's big mistake. They wouldn't have had to sell if they stuck with the hit Ninja Storm.
how would you do that considering they still had to use the available footage? sure you could probably shoehorn some way into explaining ninjas switching over to dinosaur powers even though it wouldn't make any realm of sense since they're NINJAS and when they got to Dekaranger how would you explain the police theme?

Also it didn't matter what happened with Ninja Storm. They never wanted to continue to produce new episodes to begin with. They had no intention of ever doing so when they bought Fox Family Worldwide. It was Doug Sloan who had to convince them to carry it on and he left after Dino Thunder. Bruce Kalish was the new Executive Producer as of S.P.D. and while I don't agree with his opinion that he was only hired to translate the Sentai (since that's Sentai and not Power Rangers) he wanted to do things his own way.
Jungle Fury was supposed to be the final season but Jetix UK convinced Disney to produce a Go-Onger adaptation but Disney stood firm in their call that the series was canceled after RPM.

We would have never had anything after RPM if Disney didn't sell the series back to Saban.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 07:34 PM   #6
Ninja Storm Fan
Power Ranger

Because Ninja Storm was a huge hit.. I am saying this Disney Era would have been a huge success if they stuck with Ninja Storm for several years. Power Rangers was out of gas.. The future was the retooled Ninja Storm. Eventually they could have dropped Power Rangers from the title..Once they needed to change themes they could have had Ninja Storm as the main title until they found the next series concept to stick with. Like they did when MMPR became Zeo. Ninja Storm RPM, just as an example.... I actually hated RPM.

They could have found a way around the footage. Or invested in new footage like they did in MMPR. And Ninja Storm was an even bigger success. If they would have invested money for Toei to produce more footage. They were saving a ton of moeny in New Zealand. They could have spent the same amount in NZ and paid Toei for additional footage. They would have made a ton of money back instead of losing a ton.
Ninja Storm Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 07:51 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Because Ninja Storm was a huge hit.. I am saying this Disney Era would have been a huge success if they stuck with Ninja Storm for several years. Power Rangers was out of gas.. The future was the retooled Ninja Storm. Eventually they could have dropped Power Rangers from the title..Once they needed to change themes they could have had Ninja Storm as the main title until they found the next series concept to stick with. Like they did when MMPR became Zeo. Ninja Storm RPM, just as an example.... I actually hated RPM.

They could have found a way around the footage. Or invested in new footage like they did in MMPR. And Ninja Storm was an even bigger success. If they would have invested money for Toei to produce more footage. They were saving a ton of moeny in New Zealand. They could have spent the same amount in NZ and paid Toei for additional footage. They would have made a ton of money back instead of losing a ton.
on what planet would it make any realm of sense to spend a bunch of money on something THEY NEVER EVER WANTED to begin with? Disney never wanted the show not ever. Not even for a milisecond.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 08:11 PM   #8
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Quote:

Thats not reality.....Ninja Storm did do well, but you overrating it. Look it was very successful and breathed new life into the franchise....And under better circumstances it could have continued for several seasons.... But it would have been as Power Rangers and would have had to adapt to the themes of the Sentai into there plans at least somewhat.

Disney wasn't going to pay money for extra Toei footage. Even Saban didn't do that more than once. And MMPR was more successful than NS. MMPRmania was biggger than anything and was when they made the most money. It is also more memorable to the masses. Ninja Storm was a retro version of MMPR relied to match up with Hurricanger's motif.

And frankly Ninja Storm wasn't that good creatively. It wasn't as bad as Samurai but had a lot of the same problems. It tried to be a retro MMPR yet followed the sentai more than it needed to. It desperately needed a menacing villain. Luckily Doug listened to criticism in time to improve the final episodes. One thing being making Lothor more menacing. DinoThunder was light years better. And would have been better to do continuing seasons with.

Ninja Storm could have been a lot be a lot better... But had some good parts ...Don't get me wrong. It would have been much better if they got rid of the convoluted Ninja School stuff that they never properly explained. They could have been everyday teenager that just happened. to become Power Rangers. It would have been easier to have a dinosuar theme with the same cast the following season. You also wouldn't have the captured Ninja students dynamic that would have been cumbersome. And would have been another obstacle to a continuing caset/new power theme.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 08:26 PM   #9
Cameron Sensei
Putty Patroller

I wouldn't have minded more Ninja Storm. But I know it would have been tough. You would have had to include a lot of Abaranger footage.
Cameron Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/22/17, 08:40 PM   #10
MMPR Forever
Power Ranger

To say any season is better than MMPR is laughable. No season is even close to as good. MMPR is the best and the only good incarnation . They tried to channel MMPR with Ninja Storm, Samurai, and Megaforce... And failed all three times. They would never drop Ower Rangers fron the title. If anything they would put Mighty Morpnin back in.
MMPR Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply