Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Off-Topic Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05/28/12, 06:12 PM   #1
Suzy-Q
Putty Patroller

Thumbs up Dan Southworth, Quantum Ranger Eric Myers, has a new series!

So I'm sure you guys remember our wonderful bad attitude Quantum Ranger, Eric Myers, right?! Good. Well, the actor/stuntman/martial artist who played him, Dan Southworth, has an exciting new web series coming out very soon! It's a sci-fi/action show called "Divergence". Really well-written with great action scenes--courtesy of Dan's physical prowess--it has a deep storyline and awesome production. Be sure to watch the trailer and leave a comment!

Let's help support one of our great Ranger alumni and get some buzz going about this show!!

Trailer: http://youtu.be/bJTkT5cdLbc
Show Website: http://www.whatisdivergence.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Divergence.Series
Suzy-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/12, 06:20 PM   #2
MattEmily
Administrator

Default Re: Dan Southworth, Quantum Ranger Eric Myers, has a new series!

Who wouldn't remember such a power hungry-obsessed character? One of the best characters we've had in terms of a Ranger character.

Although I do wish we knew what kind of stunts Daniel did. All we've heard is that he was a stunt actor.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/12, 06:33 PM   #3
Billie Lite
Putty Patroller

Dan actually worked with Jackie Chan and the Alpha Stunts team. He did some work on the set of PR as a stunt man before ever becoming a Ranger.

Also, he played several Rangers when they did the live appearances at various malls and other venues where the Rangers never removed their helmets.

Dan has a fan run, approved by him Facebook page.
Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDanSouthworth

He's also got Twitter: @dan_southworth

And an official YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanSouthworth

So you can learn some more about him on those sites.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Divergence and learning more about the series itself.
Billie Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/12, 06:34 PM   #4
Suzy-Q
Putty Patroller

Oh, Dan does ALL sorts of things--allow me to gush for a moment:

He choreographs, rigs, and performs stunts--EVERYTHING you saw Eric do was actually Dan--he didn't need a stuntman. He's had extensive training as a gymnast, acrobat, and martial artist so very little is beyond him. He continues to do mo cap (motion capture) and voice-over work for many, many video games (he was Vergil in Devil May Cry 3) and tv shows/films.

As he's talked about in several interviews, he played multiple Rangers in the touring Power Ranger Stuntshow and he worked on the TV show as a stuntman before he secured the part of Eric in Time Force.

If you have any specific questions about his work, please let me know!
Old 05/28/12, 06:35 PM   #5
wheeliechick
Power Ranger

Can't wait for the release of this series. It's gonna be great. Just from the trailer alone, I can tell it's full of action and suspense. Not to mention excellent acting and stunts.
wheeliechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/12, 06:44 PM   #6
pinkrangerwannabe
Putty Patroller

Can't wait to see this. Who dones't love a good original web series?
pinkrangerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/12, 07:58 PM   #7
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy-Q View Post
As he's talked about in several interviews, he played multiple Rangers in the touring Power Ranger Stuntshow and he worked on the TV show as a stuntman before he secured the part of Eric in Time Force.

If you have any specific questions about his work, please let me know!
All of that info is pretty interesting and shows he's an expert at stunts however I was curious about some of the stunts he did stunt work for in the show before he became Eric in Time Force.

Was he always a stunt actor with Power Rangers or did he just join in Galaxy or Lightspeed? If so, can you find out any specifics if you don't know of any?
Old 05/28/12, 08:44 PM   #8
Suzy-Q
Putty Patroller

Well, let's see--he auditioned for the role of one of the first replacements (Adam or Rocky) but didn't get the part. As I said, he portrayed lots of different Rangers in the touring stuntshow. Now, he auditioned for the part of the Blue Ranger on Lightspeed but they felt he was waaaay too intense to play the Blue opposite of who they had already signed to play the Red (Carter). He did stunts on Lightspeed and some on the early part of Time Force. Koichi (I believe) had him in mind for the part of Eric when he had auditioned for the Blue Ranger role, and now he pushed him through casting to get him lined up to play the Quantum Ranger. They actually had to go back and edit him out of some of the early episodes where you can clearly see his face so it wouldn't raise eyebrows when he became a Ranger.

I'll ask Danny for some more specifics for you--that's all I can remember off the top of my head. As for what kind of stunts he did though, he did it all--in the Ranger suits and out.
Old 05/28/12, 11:39 PM   #9
MattEmily
Administrator

Interesting. I'm curious if he was ever in the villain suits like monsters, foot soldiers or whatever. Although I doubt he was ever asked to work in the Megazord suits, those things might have been a little too heavy for him.

Since we're finally hearing who was in the Baboo suit in American footage as well as who was in 3 of Zedd's monster suits in Season 2 for when they used original footage of them.
Old 05/29/12, 06:49 PM   #10
Truheart
Putty Patroller

I know that Reuben Langdon did some foot soldiers in Time Force and that I think Dan had said at one time that he used to work with Reuben doing that. So it's highly possible that Dan was a 'foot soldier' in a season before he became Eric.
Truheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
dan southworth, divergence, eric myers, quantum ranger, time force