Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01/27/17, 12:54 AM   #11
Sevenlima
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Original Megazords

Unless Saban make a partnership with Toei, but it would be too expensive.
Sevenlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/17, 12:54 AM   #12
Bread
Putty Patroller

I think that the often times "cheap" look of the American costumes such as the MMPR rangers in promo shots and in my opinion, the Titanium ranger, should discourage them from this idea. Saban can't handle individual characters, I don't see them successfully handling a zord.
Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/17, 12:54 AM   #13
big smile
Putty Patroller

I suppose Ninja/Shogun Ultrazord don't count as US original zords because they mix Sentai mecha.

It's a shame they don't use more toys to make footage of US-exclusive Zords. The Dino/Thunder Zord transformation sequence was fairly decent and surely with modern technology such things would look even better.

And it's not as if they don't know how to make good Zord fights using suits. Season 3 also had some really pretty original Megazord fights (Although of course, they still used Sentai Mech rather than US exclusive Zords because I guess creating a US Zord suit would be to expensive). They were filmed outdoors and so made a nice change of pace from the Sentai ones (Although visually they didn't make sense as they had city buildings in a forest). It's a shame they didn't do more over the years.
big smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/17, 12:54 AM   #14
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

In all honesty, it's totally possible it just relies on a showrunner willing to try something expensively new and Bandai wanting to pimp a toy only zord and probably being willing to spend some cash for it the way they did the bike in Forever Red.

It'd have to be something big and end of season to really fit the structure and limitations of the show. An original Ultrazord or something standalone from the other Megazords. It's possible it'd be entirely CGI or just as an attack too.

I'd like to see it attempted, but I understand the limitations holding it back. The perfect place for it would be a zord-lite series, and we haven't had one of those in forever.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/17, 12:54 AM   #15
Dynamo Of Eternia
Putty Patroller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy81 View Post
The closest we've come is when MMPR did the Ultra Ninja Megazord by using the Ninja Megazord and Titanus toys. Of course that's a Megazord combination and all.
I still regret not buying the Legacy Titanus when it was available. I kept putting it off, and now it goes for crazy $.

As for the topic at hand, given how many extra zords the Sentai series tend to have these days, I'm not sure how much need there is for original PR zord footage. I'm not necessarily against it, I'm just not sure if it was needed.
Dynamo Of Eternia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/17, 12:54 AM   #16
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

This gives me an interesting idea thinking more about it. I'd love to see a zord heavy series that brings over the zord suits and props and makes original combinations that the Sentai doesn't do. Maybe even creates extra body suits for when they end up with some spare zords that have nowhere to go.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/17, 12:54 AM   #17
dark ranger 86
Putty Patroller

This might be the closest thing we'd ever get

http://rs25.pbsrc.com/albums/c58/Doc...h=480&fit=clip
dark ranger 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/17, 12:54 AM   #18
Digifiend
Power Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HezMania View Post
The destruction of the thunder megazords was original footage. Although Sentai suits were used.
Same goes for the zord fight in A Friend in Need (one episode earlier), an episode which used a non-Sentai monster.
Digifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 01:15 AM   #19
MattEmily
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku Ranger View Post
We've had original villains, original vehicles, original power-ups, and original rangers. But we've never even once got an original megazord. I've always wanted to see original megazords but what about you guys? And would you guys mind if they put original megazords just fir the sake of it?
no an original zord wouldn't be right plus I'd rather them just use the Sentai zords in original footage they don't do it as much anymore which disappoints me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
They don't even film zord footage by themselves. Why would they spend the money to outright create a new zord and film it?
I beg your pardon? have you been watching the same show? while they do use the Sentai mecha fights they have shot their own original zord footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenlima View Post
Unless Saban make a partnership with Toei, but it would be too expensive.
you mean the one they already have? it's not going to get any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku Ranger View Post
I keep thinking about that we could've had Titanium Crawler.
yea that would've been cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big smile View Post
I suppose Ninja/Shogun Ultrazord don't count as US original zords because they mix Sentai mecha.

It's a shame they don't use more toys to make footage of US-exclusive Zords. The Dino/Thunder Zord transformation sequence was fairly decent and surely with modern technology such things would look even better.

And it's not as if they don't know how to make good Zord fights using suits. Season 3 also had some really pretty original Megazord fights (Although of course, they still used Sentai Mech rather than US exclusive Zords because I guess creating a US Zord suit would be to expensive). They were filmed outdoors and so made a nice change of pace from the Sentai ones (Although visually they didn't make sense as they had city buildings in a forest). It's a shame they didn't do more over the years.
yea the Ultrazords don't count for that very reason and you're right it's not as if they don't know how to make good fights since Season 3 as you indicated had some sure visually it might not make sense but who really cares? and yea creating U.S. exclusive zords would likely be an expensive task not to mention probably a time consuming one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HezMania View Post
The destruction of the thunder megazords was original footage. Although Sentai suits were used.
indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium321 View Post
This gives me an interesting idea thinking more about it. I'd love to see a zord heavy series that brings over the zord suits and props and makes original combinations that the Sentai doesn't do. Maybe even creates extra body suits for when they end up with some spare zords that have nowhere to go.
that's something that I have always wanted I remember watching Wild Force and I was disappointed when Animus didn't use the Wolf and Hammerhead for arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureLover06 View Post
i have seen some concept art of a season 1 MMPR Megazord that was going to be intended but it never materialized, will have to find the link and post it here
that's well known by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark ranger 86 View Post
This might be the closest thing we'd ever get

http://rs25.pbsrc.com/albums/c58/Doc...h=480&fit=clip
sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
Same goes for the zord fight in A Friend in Need (one episode earlier), an episode which used a non-Sentai monster.
indeed a re-painted version of a Dairanger monster and they also had an original "semi-fight" with their Shogunzords (no weapons however) against the Sinister Simian.
Mega Winger fought the Velocifighters.
Astro and Galaxy Megazords fought Psycho Pink.
Centaurus and Stratoforce fought Stingwingers.
Time Force Megazord Mode Blue had 1 ep in original footage with it fighting.
Animus and Predazord.
MattEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/18, 09:29 PM   #20
Maligore
Power Ranger

Saban is too cheap to do any of this.
Maligore is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply