Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12/11/16, 01:02 AM   #1
WesJen
Comic Relief

Default why couldn't Wes go to the future?

Wes was from the present but was fated to die. Why couldn't he just return home with the others? Certainly he should have been able to afterwards since he was originally supposed to die.
WesJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 01:04 AM   #2
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Default Re: why couldn't Wes go to the future?

Time Force suffers because stuff like this contradicts the everyone makes your own destiny mantra. Wes and Jen should have been allowed to stay together in one of the timelines.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 01:06 AM   #3
Time Force Traitor
Ranger In Training

Wes was originally supposed to take over for his Dad before the Destiny arch. Wes wasn't fated to die until after that. Once they changed that a new future for Wes was made. So Time Force wouldn't let him come to the future.
Time Force Traitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 01:09 AM   #4
Zordon's Legacy Exposed
Power Ranger

Its also worth noting that Wes had to stay in the past to stop Frax. If all the Rangers returned Ransik and Frax would have free riegn. Alex was able to send the others back because he saw Wes and Eric were able to defeat Frax. It was just at the cost of Wes' life and possibly Eric's.
Zordon's Legacy Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 01:12 AM   #5
Destiny Defeated
Power Ranger

I think it was more that they were doing what was right by staying apart. If they changed the timeline for there own personal gain... They would have been just as bad as Ransik was in the beginning. Making your own destiny does not mean selfisly altering time.
Destiny Defeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 12:35 PM   #6
Jen's Revenge
Power Ranger

Actually having Wes go to the future wouldn't have been write. Even if history was already rewritten...Just going to the future would be crossing the line for Wes.
Jen's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 12:37 PM   #7
KimandTommy
Power Ranger

This is another reason I can't get into Time Force. They didn't even let there couple get together in the end. Even if I wasn't that interested in them. Its just that I like there to be some couple to ship.
KimandTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 12:42 PM   #8
PRangerX
Administrator

It really hurt to see them have to leave each other. I know some argue the make your own destiny thing should have allowed them to find a way to stay together. But I also agree about radically altering history for personal gain is a step too far. Wes making decisions in his own life to alter his personal future is one thing but changing history just to be together with Jen in the future would have been totally selfish.

And in a lot of ways I actually respected that plot point. Since it made for a very mature place for a PR relationship to go. And added to there love story. Lets be honest a lot of on screen love stories are written where the two lovers don't live happily rver after or after tk give each other for love or other personaly responsibolities. It makes there love mean more in a dramatic fashion. As much as I wanted Jen and Wes to get together its good writing that they didn't.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 12:42 PM   #9
Goldar's Revenge
Power Ranger

Judd Lynn actually hated that they didn't get back together. Due to the whole destiny thing.
Goldar's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/16, 12:43 PM   #10
Captain Codfish
Power Ranger

That he did...But I can actually see a strong argument for them not being able to be together.
Captain Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply