Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/01/15, 12:34 PM   #1
Dizagaox2
Putty Patroller

Default What if instead of a regular season in 2017 they made a mini-series or TV movies

Okay, first some context.

"SABAN'S POWER RANGERS" (the movie) is coming out at the beginning of 2017. As you'd expect, it will have merchandise galore, and I'm sure all parties involved (namely Saban Brands and Bandai) won't want the movie's merchandise competing with the television series. So my professional (and personal) theory is whatever the 2017 series of Power Rangers is, it won't premiere until mid-2017 at the earliest.

However what if Saban Brands held off doing a proper season in 2017, to allow the movie to shine in full glory, and instead did something more radical.

What if Saban Brands did a series of TV movies or mini-series, that collectively made up "Season 24", in preparation for the 25th anniversary in 2018?

For example, adapted Dekaranger 10 Years After into a Power Rangers SPD special. Or Kyoryuger 100 Years After into a Dino Charge special. Or even adapted Go Busters into a limited series?

Would respond to something like this?

In terms of distribution, Saban Brands is now in bed with Netflix, who are distributing their new kids shows as "Netflix Originals", so it wouldn't need to air on Nick. Actually, Power Rangers on a whole could very well move away from Nick once the existing contract ends, allowing Saban Brands to do more with the television series. This to me would be an example of Brian Casentini taking the franchise "to the next level".

Incentive for Bandai would be the ability to sell more Legacy figures again.
Dizagaox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/15, 01:21 PM   #2
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Default Re: What if instead of a regular season in 2017 they made a mini-series or TV movies

I think Netflix sounds like an awesome idea
Rangermanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/15, 06:40 PM   #3
PRangerX
Administrator

Default Re: What if instead of a regular season in 2017 they made a mini-series or TV movies

Sounds like more of an idea for a side project that is netflix exclusive. I think the TV show and movie can co-exist. No different than Transformers having shows and movies going on around the same time.
PRangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/15, 06:42 PM   #4
Super Cena
Power Ranger

May be for the best. We don't want to over expose itself. A one year break could be good.for the show. Plus it will make it easy to make the movie in continuity.
Super Cena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/15, 07:39 PM   #5
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

^^ I think co-existing sounds like a risky but badass idea
Old 08/02/15, 11:56 AM   #6
Space Nerd
Comic Relief

I think we will get a series and a movie. They really don't show too many episodes at once anymore anyway.
Space Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 12:18 PM   #7
Rangermanuel
Power Ranger

Well if they still had, I would DVR the show every day
Post New ThreadReply