Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers General Discussion

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08/02/15, 03:19 PM   #1
MightyRed
Putty Patroller

Default Power Rangers After Dino (Super)Charge

Bruno from MMPRToys posted this a couple of hours ago (Interview with Chip Lynn): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpRLKSY6Lac

What season would you like to see after Dino Charge ?

for me I want ToQger
MightyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 03:20 PM   #2
Ashiusx
Putty Patroller

Default Re: Power Rangers After Dino (Super)Charge

Even though I kind of think the ranger's suits for ToQger look kind of arduous and bland. The plot of ToQger looks like its has great promise. The ranger's ability to swap colors has never been done before, I am interested to see how that works out.
The henchman/minions for ToQger hands down has one of the best designs I ever seen on Sentai Or Pr. The Kuros have a great design to them, they are heavily detailed and the black and white gives a ''cool'' vibe to them. The intricate details on chest and face give them lot of personality. I think its the first time when the henchman have cooler costumes than the heroes of the season.
Ashiusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 03:22 PM   #3
Poweranimals
Power Ranger

I'd kinda like to see Gobusters. The suits and Zords look sic. But given the choice between trains and ninjas, it's definitely gonna be ninjas for me.
Poweranimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 03:24 PM   #4
Titanium321
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Titanium321

I think as weird as it sounds, the Toqger designs are more fitting for the western audience than the jumbled mess of ninniger's mecha. Individually those look cool, but combined I just can't stand them. Especially with the auxillary mechs attached.

The trains however are pretty simple. Trains that look like trains. The combinations are neat looking without being too piled on, they just need to adjust the toys a little though.

It would be a crime to skip those villains though. The steam punk villains were amazing. The use of evil train mechs was great too. The design work of the villains was just too good to pass up, if they skip Toqger they should at least sneak those villains in somewhere.

The concerns the higher ups have with Toqger seem kind of weak to me. Like they're just the same shallow concerns people online whined about when Toqger first came out and then suddenly everyone actually liked that show. I know ninjas are cool and all, but we would just get it later this way, not abandon the ninjas altogether.

The thing I know a lot of people often overlook is that kids like trains. Trains are a popular toy in America, they are a popular and iconic part of American history. They aren't as big or important to America as they are in Japan, but they're still a big part of American culture and the western world in general has an interest in trains. The use of trains may be lower in America these days, but not so in the other markets PR lands in, which would probably have some weight to the decision in the end.
Titanium321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 03:30 PM   #5
MightyRed
Putty Patroller

Exactly I just feel that the ninninger mecha are too "out of place and random" for power ranger, Even though Ninjas are "more marketable" and the suits look amazing, it would make since if they would go with ToQger.

p.s.- the fact that notation "trains aren't marketable" is just ridiculous
MightyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 03:31 PM   #6
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Sheldon Cooper would agree.
No Green Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 03:32 PM   #7
Ranger Green
Putty Patroller

I think some people overestimate the appeal of trains. Yeah kids like them but, over ninjas? I seriously doubt it. The Nininger suits in general would just be more appealing to the western eye than ToQger's. I think they will just go with simple choice of "Hey ninjas are still popular, TMNT is still popular, let's just go with the guaranteed success."

Sure we could do ToQger and maybe eventually get to Nininger but as a business Bandai won't think that way. They'll go with the choice that will make the most money as soon as possible.
Ranger Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 03:33 PM   #8
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Sheldon Cooper would disagree.
Old 08/02/15, 03:35 PM   #9
Todd Oliver
Ranger In Training

Send a message via ICQ to Todd Oliver

But wouldn't you hate Sheldon Cooper because he hogs the spotlight in Big Bang Theory like you claim Tommy did in PR?
Todd Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/15, 03:37 PM   #10
No Green Spandex
Power Ranger

Nah, Big Bang Theory does a good job with givening all the characters focus for the most part. Plus he is too damn funny and I was joking around anyway.
Post New ThreadReply